Sherman's behaviour

Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

You're right, not everyone does, but there are 'star' players who have, from time to time, acted exactly like that, yet Sherman is the one who gets called an 'ignorant thug' by people. He's no different than the Tom Brady's of the world who do the exact same thing when a call doesn't go their way (see: Brady's reaction after the Luke Kuechly/Rob Gronkowski play a couple years back. He literally chased down Clete Blakeman lol).

I think everyone agrees he went too far on this particular play, and he was flagged for it (as he should have been).

I haven't called him an ignorant thug, so why are you directing this ire at me?

As for the Brady incident, you cannot compare it. Did Brady take his helmet off to scream at the ref? Did he then continue after he was flagged? (he didn't get flagged). Did he THEN continue, chasing the ref down the field, whilst his teammates try and restrain him? He shouted at the ref, for sure. He quickly got over it, and ran down the tunnel whilst talking to the ref (who was running alongside him). You can't compare the two.

A better comparison would be Takeo Spikes when he got into it with Charles Woodson. Ref ejected him, and he tore the ref a new one whilst his team mates struggled to restrain him. Should have been suspended. If it was on the street, he'd be arrested. 

I'm glad you agree he went too far. That's all I'm saying. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I haven't called him an ignorant thug, so why are you directing this ire at me?

As for the Brady incident, you cannot compare it. Did Brady take his helmet off to scream at the ref? Did he then continue after he was flagged? (he didn't get flagged). Did he THEN continue, chasing the ref down the field, whilst his teammates try and restrain him? He shouted at the ref, for sure. He quickly got over it, and ran down the tunnel whilst talking to the ref (who was running alongside him). You can't compare the two.

A better comparison would be Takeo Spikes when he got into it with Charles Woodson. Ref ejected him, and he tore the ref a new one whilst his team mates struggled to restrain him. Should have been suspended. If it was on the street, he'd be arrested. 

I'm glad you agree he went too far. That's all I'm saying. 

All I'm saying is that Sherman's actions really aren't that rare, and the fact that a Patriots fan, of all people, was making it out to be that way, was kind of ironic. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Why? 

Do you know what, all you do is put holes into people's posts. How about adding some substance so we don't have to chase you for it? 

Why should I add substance to something I find ridiculous?

But seen as you asked, he shouldn't be suspended simply because what he did doesn't warrant it. He didnt touch him, he didn't verbally abuse him (as far as I Know). It was him as a player simply illustrating his annoyance and anger towards a call which happens, you know, on a weekly basis. Suggesting he be suspended is ridiculous. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Why should I add substance to something I find ridiculous?

But seen as you asked, he shouldn't be suspended simply because what he did doesn't warrant it. He didnt touch him, he didn't verbally abuse him (as far as I Know). It was him as a player simply illustrating his annoyance and anger towards a call which happens, you know, on a weekly basis. Suggesting he be suspended is ridiculous. 

Yes, he did verbally abuse him. I'd have thought that was obvious. 

It was more than what happens on a weekly basis. There's been what, nearly 50 games so far this season? Show me anything resembling what Sherman done. (same extent).

25 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Verbal abuse? Really? This is football. Guys are literally trying to break each other's bodies and we're concerned about a little verbal abuse?

Let's be more accurate, it's assumed verbal abuse, since we don't even know what he was saying. But yeah, pretty ridiculous wanting a guy suspended for yelling at a ref.

11 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Let's be more accurate, it's assumed verbal abuse, since we don't even know what he was saying. But yeah, pretty ridiculous wanting a guy suspended for yelling at a ref.

If he was verbally abused wouldn't he have been flagged?

Heck coaches yell at refs all the time. Belichick  even grabbed a ref And Wilfork was screaming at a ref with much more force that Sherman did, suspend and arrest them!

Archived