Jump to content
coordinator0

2020 Draft Pick #201 - James Proche

Recommended Posts

With the 201st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

BHUDA6AGEFBQ5FB4BRLPE62QXY.jpg

James Proche - WR - Southern methodist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

With the 201st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

BHUDA6AGEFBQ5FB4BRLPE62QXY.jpg

James Proche - WR - Southern methodist

This man doesn't look 5'11.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said with Duvernay, having Marquise Brown in house makes me feel so much more confident about these WR picks. Especially when they all kind of have that similar frame and traits. Natural hands, feel, tracking ability. 

I see them all putting in work together every offseason. Picking up tips, tricks, and learning from and growing with each other. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Ravens giving up a 5th round pick next year they must be pretty high on Proche. Probably already penned in as the new returner. It's not like there wasn't room on the roster for another receiver though. I'm assuming Scott has a tough time making the roster and Moore sticks around as a core special teams player. That leaves the team with six. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2 out of the top 7. You all don't think we're worried about the slot do you?

Edited by BareYourTeeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

As I said with Duvernay, having Marquise Brown in house makes me feel so much more confident about these WR picks. Especially when they all kind of have that similar frame and traits. Natural hands, feel, tracking ability. 

I see them all putting in work together every offseason. Picking up tips, tricks, and learning from and growing with each other. 

 

And if Boykin takes the step forward that he should that opens up a ton of room inside. And it's not like Duvernay or Proche don't have the skills to haul in a long pass down the field to open up things underneath for Myles or Hollywood either. This is starting to make tons and tons of sense for how this offense is going to be run. There might not be a ton of passes thrown or caught, but they are setting it up for high-efficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how the team really feels about giving Willie Snead that 6M fully guaranteed extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I wonder how the team really feels about giving Willie Snead that 6M fully guaranteed extension.

It's not bad still. Gives the team a veteran while the young guys acclimate. It has to be the youngest position group on the team, with LB close behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

With the Ravens giving up a 5th round pick next year they must be pretty high on Proche. Probably already penned in as the new returner. It's not like there wasn't room on the roster for another receiver though. I'm assuming Scott has a tough time making the roster and Moore sticks around as a core special teams player. That leaves the team with six. 

Maybe. I think there’s a competition between Moore and Scott for spot number 6. Scott has size that we don’t have in the corps outside of boykin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Maybe. I think there’s a competition between Moore and Scott for spot number 6. Scott has size that we don’t have in the corps outside of boykin

I think Scott is all but gone and Moore will have to prove he’s better on special teams than the guys we just brought in or will bring in as UDFAs... FWIW, I think he’ll be gone as well. We really don’t pass the ball enough and with all the extra defenders we’ve drafted I would roll with our top 5 WRs and that sounds like a plan to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Don’t think we carry 6 recievers and 4 running backs. Either gonna be 6 and 3 or 5 and 4

FWIW, we had 7 at end of last season, including Thomas*. If we have another guy handle punts, we could have 6-4 with the same total number between the two positions as last year.

* Brown, Boykin, Snead, Roberts, Moore, Scott, Thomas 

Edited by sp6488

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

FWIW, we had 7 at end of last season, including Thomas. If we have another guy handle punts, we could have 6-4 with the same total number between the two positions as last year 

Maybe. I also don’t see ya keeping hill. Especially with all the bodies on the line. But we are very good at finding IR spots for people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, drd23 said:

 

Yea, I caught that on the post draft presser.

Went into detail about how confident and sure handed he was with all his opportunities there. 

Interesting enough though, he doesn't really have any massive returns to his credit in CFB. We all know how much the team values ball security at their returner spots, and especially lately it seems like we haven't had luck at either spot(Outside of a brief Cyrus Jones hot streak). So I get the enthusiasm in adding a a strong candidate for the spot. I don't see Proche as a dynamic weapon in that department though. He's an overaged prospect that will turn 24 during the season, and he has limited athleticism to dig any kind of major physical leaps out of. So it's a little weird to me that EDC is so excited about him as a returning going forward. I welcome the secure hands though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×