Washington 53 man Roster Projection After Adrian Peterson Cut

turtle28

18 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Rivera wants to win. If he wanted Trevor. He would have had sense enough to trade Young for multiple picks to ensure he got Trevor. Cant bank on the 1st pick when teams like the Jags and Detroit are doing everything possible to lose.

Rivera is just a crappy coach is all it really is. 3 winning seasons, 6 losing seasons. And his only winning ones he lived off a healthy Cam. He was fired 9 months ago because he sucked. And somehow in less time than it takes to have a baby. People think he should be making all the right moves, producing a winning team, heading in the right direction to the promise land of a Super Bowl in a couple years. When he was just fired months ago for losing to our crappy team to begin with.

Add in a sub .500 record the past four seasons.  

I really don't mind Rivera as head coach if he was hired just to fix the culture.  If you look at how baseball teams tanked, most of the time, the manager doesn't carry over when the team actually gets good.  It takes something different to build that culture and work through the lean years.  

But we gave him the full keys to the kingdom (and then some) without him proving it, or really even be deserving of the promotion.  How many people get a promotion and were less than average the last four years of their job?  

It just baffles me. 

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Add in a sub .500 record the past four seasons.  

I really don't mind Rivera as head coach if he was hired just to fix the culture.  If you look at how baseball teams tanked, most of the time, the manager doesn't carry over when the team actually gets good.  It takes something different to build that culture and work through the lean years.  

But we gave him the full keys to the kingdom (and then some) without him proving it, or really even be deserving of the promotion.  How many people get a promotion and were less than average the last four years of their job?  

It just baffles me. 

We all know why Carolina had a sub .500 record over the last 4 seasons and most of it - really all of it - had to do with injuries. If Cam was healthy the last two years in Carolina, they are at worst 7-9 both seasons and Rivera is still their HC.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, 4209 said:

Agreed with that, a lot of us have pointed out how Gibson & McKissic are converted college WRs.

Don’t forget that Gibson has been learning the RB & WR plays all offseaon. So, while he’s our starting RB, both he and McKissic also have WR skills.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Ever since they had interviews about signing McKissic I always thought that was what was going to happen.  I definitely see him being used heavily in the passing game. 

RB will be the key here. Part of the  scheme is to put pressure on LB’s. Gibson is good at breaking tackle while McKissic I am not sure about his tackle breaking skills. It’s a new strange wrinkle in the modern day passing attack against Defenses.  The RPO’s and Read option etc. You have to think this should open up the intermediate and long passing plays. We need to add more talent on the OL and some WR’s and this will really make this offense a little more intriguing. But this is how the cards have landed so we have to go with what we got.

Edited by 4209
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeap he's bring a new wrinkle with RB versatility. Moving them all over the field which forces how the Defense defend the whole field. Now the guy which has also interest me is Love. Remember Turner said earlier that Love fits his system. Having new coaching staff means this Off will be a work in progress. So see some rough sailing ahead. 

Edited by 4209

15 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Yeap he's bring a new wrinkle with RB versatility. Moving them all over the field which forces how the Defense defend the whole field. Now the guy which has also interest me is Love. Remember Turner said earlier that Love fits his system. Having new coaching staff means this Off will be a work in progress. So see some rough sailing ahead. 

Me Too Reaction GIF by Bounce

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

RB will be the key here. Part of the  scheme is to put pressure on LB’s. Gibson is good at breaking tackle while McKissic I am not sure about his tackle breaking skills. It’s a new strange wrinkle in the modern day passing attack against Defenses.  The RPO’s and Read option etc. You have to think this should open up the intermediate and long passing plays. We need to add more talent on the OL and some WR’s and this will really make this offense a little more intriguing. But this is how the cards have landed so we have to go with what we got.

It's not all done in one off-season, nor do I want to spend a lot of money on mediocre to above average players in free agency.  I think the team needs to go about building through the draft and take a lot of lumps as we start from the ground-up rebuilding the culture.  

The RPO's and options are a new wrinkle, but a running back operating out of the slot has been an ongoing thing since the Rams under Vermeil/Martz.  It will open up the intermediate to long plays, but the guys who we have will need to win their battles.  McLaurin will get double-teamed quite a bit, so I hope the other guys are hungry and ready to fight. 

Also, not sure I would take what Julie Donaldson says without a grain of salt.  I'm not sure why she is out there clarifying something the coach said.  

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's not all done in one off-season, nor do I want to spend a lot of money on mediocre to above average players in free agency.  I think the team needs to go about building through the draft and take a lot of lumps as we start from the ground-up rebuilding the culture.  

The RPO's and options are a new wrinkle, but a running back operating out of the slot has been an ongoing thing since the Rams under Vermeil/Martz.  It will open up the intermediate to long plays, but the guys who we have will need to win their battles.  McLaurin will get double-teamed quite a bit, so I hope the other guys are hungry and ready to fight. 

Also, not sure I would take what Julie Donaldson says without a grain of salt.  I'm not sure why she is out there clarifying something the coach said.  

She’s clarifying what the coach said because a lot of people on Twitter are throwing temper tantrums like toddlers bc we didn’t sign or claim a veteran WR. So, she’s reminding them that coach Rivera said both Gibson & McKissic will also see time as receivers this year. So, that’s like having 7 options at WR plus we have Cam Sims on the Practice Squad.

It seems responsible for her to do that and an improvement over the last person who had that job.

So, you support Rivera’s vision for rebuilding the team? That’s great! Best news of the day!

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

She’s clarifying what the coach said because a lot of people in Twitter are throwing temper tantrums like toddlers bc we didn’t sign or claim a veteran WR. So, she’s reminding them that coach Rivera said both Gibson & McKissic will also see time as receivers this year.

It seems responsible for her to do that and an improvement over the last person who had that job.

So, you support Rivera’s vision for rebuilding the team? That’s great! Best news of the day!

If this is what their doing, why not write more from that perspective on your part? Instead of this guy is gonna put up these numbers or this guy is gonna do that. Why even be concerned where their drafting next year if they are in rebuilding mode? 

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We need to add more talent on the OL and some WR’s . Sorry guy but  yes I was talking long term so I concur with your statement above.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While understandable you can still add talent through free agency. Hooper is one of the best young TEs in the league and we went with a 29-year old QB convert instead. And it would make sense if we were cheaping out to pay our own guys but instead we traded Dunbar and Williams. Let Flowers walk and refuse to negotiate with Scherff. You can’t just not infuse your team with talent. I mean, they could’ve got OJ Howard for Williams but blew that trade too. We just seen like a team that has no idea what they want to do?