Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

5 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

He was 3 dropped passes away from 300 yard, 3 TD 1 Int game. In a lot ways he carried the offense to what it did get. He should have been sacked like 9 times. He didn’t play poorly.

One of those drops was because it was a bad throw

Just now, Worm Guts said:

He still should have caught it. I can almost guarantee some of you would be defending this performance if it was by Teddy, but since it’s by Case your criticizing it.

Debate the argument, not the debater.

There's no way to prove your claim, so why claim it?  It was a very poor throw on a very routine pass and is at the very least indirectly responsible for red zone turnover... Inexcusable

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

He still should have caught it. I can almost guarantee some of you would be defending this performance if it was by Teddy, but since it’s by Case your criticizing it.

isn't this a comment more about fans than football? can't we let go of these? they're so unpleasant to read, and many have been worse.

there is of course a spectrum of opinion concerning Keenum's performance today and how much, if at all, it contributed to the loss. but no one is calling him for to be benched, and everyone hopes to see a better game from him next week.

can't that be enough?

1 minute ago, BWG VIKE said:

I wouldn't say bench him yet but his leash is definitely a lot shorter. If he plays similar to this next week it won't be long before the Teddy chants start and I dont think that will be good for the team but fans are ruthless. 

If his leash is shorter, same should apply to Kendricks, Barr, Hunter, Griffen, Smith, Sendejo, Easton, Berger, Rudolph, Murray, Diggs, Thielen and Forbath.

Or, we can realize one bad game doesn't outweigh a season of success.

(not saying you are in that boat, I just think it is ridiculous) 

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Not his best game but some of the players he counts on did help him either. Its ok to lose especially when we're 10-3, and getting ready to face a 5-8 team at home.

I think that's part of the concern people have. His success usually is reliant on his teammates. I suppose you could say that's the case for all QBs, but just saying that the perception seems to be Keenum counting on the WRs rather than the WRs counting on Keenum, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

If his leash is shorter, same should apply to Kendricks, Barr, Hunter, Griffen, Smith, Sendejo, Easton, Berger, Rudolph, Murray, Diggs, Thielen and Forbath.

Or, we can realize one bad game doesn't outweigh a season of success.

(not saying you are in that boat, I just think it is ridiculous) 

The QB positon is on a completely different spectrum then any other position, he touches the football every play. If he hits Diggs there for that easy standard throw at the end the defence plays that last series completely different. 

But maybe Bridgewater would have missed it too. 

On the other hand Forbath shouldn't have a leash for anything over 50yrds.

Archived