Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Other than Rudolph's and Thielen in the front corner of the EZ, what bad drops were there? Honestly can't fully remember.

There was Diggs' drop, but that was honestly a tough catch....Thielen's overturned TD? Also a tough catch

Treadwell had one. I don't remember the other one but they said 5. I don't think the Diggs one was all that hard, it was harder than it needed to be.

1 minute ago, Worm Guts said:

Treadwell had one. I don't remember the other one but they said 5. I don't think the Diggs one was all that hard, it was harder than it needed to be.

Yeah tread did...but honestly considering how often CK has been bailed out, we knew regression was coming didn't we?

Just now, Klomp said:

Thielen had 2. Don't remember if the second was that TD or not.

Other than Thielen's drop in the front corner, how many of the drops were "bad" drops or happened in high leverage situations?

Diggs had the worst possible outcome, but I think people are underestimating the difficulty of that catch (should have caught it tho)

Expecting Keenum to execute a two minute drill when the team needs points is too much? If that's the case I don't think the Vikings can win a Super Bowl with him at the helm. It would be too much to expect the rest of the team to keep him out of those situations in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Other than Thielen's drop in the front corner, how many of the drops were "bad" drops or happened in high leverage situations?

Diggs had the worst possible outcome, but I think people are underestimating the difficulty of that catch (should have caught it tho)

Thielen lost control of the ball in the back corner too. Wasn't a bad drop but a pass that likely should have been caught.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Both of Thielen’s drops were bad. The first one was inexcusable, but the second one was bad because he had the ball and lost it when he hit the ground. After getting both feet and a knee down, he should have done a better job at getting the ball secured. 

True, but again this team and Keenum were due for regression.  Their catch rate this year, particularly on contested ones, has been phenomenal

18 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I think these types of expectations are too much for Case. Case is capable of making plays and helping win games, but he should not be expected to carry us and we do need take advantage of the opportunities he gives us. 

This literally describes a replacement level starter

Just now, Dolmonite26 said:

Isn't that pretty much what he is? He might give us one great game between 2-3 mediocre ones. Might even be a liability a couple games per year. If you don't have a top 15ish QB, you likely have a replacement level starter. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Isn't that pretty much what he is? He might give us one great game between 2-3 mediocre ones. Might even be a liability a couple games per year. If you don't have a top 15ish QB, you likely have a replacement level starter. 

Annnnnnnd if you have a replacement for the replaceable starter ???

I have no shame #freeteddy

8 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

No, it does not. It’s more like a guys who is about the 15th best QB in the league. Top 5 guys are the one you expect to carry you or make last second drives against top 10 defenses. A replacement level player is more like Brett Huntley, who just hope won’t lose you the game.

35 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

At least 2 were very bad and very important. Both Thielen’s and Rudolph were egregious.

Off the top of my head, Keenim missed badly on:

First int, a throw to Diggs on the left sideline that should have been an easy completion, the pass to Diggs in the end zone, the high throw to Diggs that turned into an int, the last pass of the game. 

He also got lucky on the TD to Rudolph, IMO. A better jump from the DB in front would have broken that pass up at minimum. 

I think one of the big problems today was the inability to use the screen game early. Elflein has been a monster in the screen game, and I don't think the trusted Easton to get out in front the same way. Those passes and chunk gains seem to get Keemun in rhythm most games and the weren't there today. Good job by Carolina.

Archived