Should QB Passing TDs Be 4 Points or 6 Points Each?

the lone star

Should QB Passing TDs Be 4 Points or 6 Points Each?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should QB Passing TDs Be 4 Points or 6 Points Each?

6 points in PPR for sure. needing to have 2 RBs, 2 WRs AND devaluing QB statistics so much makes the QB position more or less a crapshoot and not important. Whereas in reality it's the most important position.

The way fantasy scoring is, basically inverts positional importance. You need 2 RBs, but every team only plays one and there just aren't that many good ones. Throw PPR and QB point suppression on top of that and it just gets dumb.

In one of my leagues, we changed QB scoring to 6pt per passing TD and -3pt per INT in an effort to increase value of the QB position. 

The result was pretty much null. QB scoring differential was relatively the same, so while the position accounted for higher totals, the difference between one teams starter and the next was hardly any different. 

This year we are reverting back to standard scoring for the position and adding a Superflex in another attempt to increase the value of drafting multiple good QBs. I'm in another league that is a 2QB league and that seems to greatly increase their value as well. 

I would personally recommend one of these two routes instead of increasing the scoring. 

On 5/14/2020 at 1:30 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

In one of my leagues, we changed QB scoring to 6pt per passing TD and -3pt per INT in an effort to increase value of the QB position. 

This is how it is in my league...also a 2 QB league (well, superflex, which is basically 2 QB). 

For me, it doesn't matter. I just adjust my rankings based on the scoring. If passing tds are worth 4, someone like Josh Allen gets a pretty decent boost if you think he's going to maintain the rushing yards and touchdowns (17 in two years).  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What my league did to affect QB scoring was to boost it by making passing TDs worth 6 points a piece, adding on 0.25 points per completion / -0.25 per incompletion as an accuracy reward and then tacked on additional 0.25 per passing first down. The result was that having a Patrick Mahomes kind of player meant your QB was scoring you 50 points a week and having a Kyle Allen meant you'd be getting 20 points, if that. There became a huge difference in what a great vs. bad starting QB got you and thus QBs that score became much more valuable and desirable for teams to have and you saw more trades being made to get such players. 

Last year, I lost Andrew Luck at the start of the year and had to make wild trades of players like Courtland Sutton and Terry McLaurin to get Russell Wilson and Josh Allen to cover me the rest of the year. 

• 1 month later...

I agree that positional importance for QB needs to be weighted. There’s two ways to do this, adjust the pts per TD or adjust the league roster requirements to either 2QB or better yet super flex.

i personally think super flex-4pt is the ideal format. QBs are still your highest scoring position, without being ridiculously high as in 6pt per TD. You can also still be somewhat competitive In weeks that you have a QB bye if you were unlucky enough to not have drafted a backup QB (12 team leagues basically always draft 3QBs in /QB leagues).

On 5/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

The result was pretty much null. QB scoring differential was relatively the same, so while the position accounted for higher totals, the difference between one teams starter and the next was hardly any different. 

This year we are reverting back to standard scoring for the position and adding a Superflex in another attempt to increase the value of drafting multiple good QBs. I'm in another league that is a 2QB league and that seems to greatly increase their value as well. 

I would personally recommend one of these two routes instead of increasing the scoring. 

So your league is adding the "Offensive Player" flex, as ESPN used to call it?