2010s Action/Adventure - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Noms 

John Wick
Avengers: Infinity War
Mad Max: Fury Road
Looper
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Honorable Mention

Logan
Edge of Tomorrow 
Skyfall
X-Men: Days of Futures Past
Thor: Ragnarok
Mission Impossible: Fallout
Avengers: Endgame
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Extraction
The Equalizer
Warrior
Dunkirk 
Zero Dark Thirty
The A-Team
Oblivion
John Carter
Lockout 
Real Steel
Star Trek Into Darkness
Drive
Fast Five
Faster
Bad ***

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Real Steel

agree with that.

although i would put it in drama

might be the most underlooked movie with a formulaic structure in recent memory

it hits all the right beats and is probably my favorite Hugh Jackman performance ever

Just now, Malfatron said:

agree with that.

although i would put it in drama

might be the most underlooked movie with a formulaic structure in recent memory

it hits all the right beats and is probably my favorite Hugh Jackman performance ever

As a dad of four boys, the last fight with how the kid is looking at his dad hit me in all the feels.  Formulaic like you said, but well done within the formula and carried by Jackman's charisma. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As a dad of four boys, the last fight with how the kid is looking at his dad hit me in all the feels.  Formulaic like you said, but well done within the formula and carried by Jackman's charisma. 

I totally agree.

I went into it expecting to be bored, but i enjoyed it quite a bit

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The original Mad Max is super boring 80% of the way through, but the last 20 minutes are great.  The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome are good watches though

Everyone I think can agree the original Mad Max is not that great, honestly that is not saying anything outlandish at all, everyone knows that the rest are far better.  It was George Miller's first full length film so got to give him some slack.  I would say they probably go in this order.

Mad Max: Fury Road
Mad Max: Road Warrior
Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome
Mad Max

Beyond the Thunderdome the first half of the movie is outstanding and bad to the bone, but then when he leaves to that little kid fairy land it gets pretty lame.  But the first part is awesome and that fight scene is historic.  The Road Warrior battle chase scene was the best ever until Fury Road came along and out did it because of advances it camera technology and technology in general. 

Fury Road really took it to a level probably no one can touch, who would put that kind of time in to make real vehicles like that?  No one.  Where are the Star Wars ships from the new movies?  They do not exist, at least the originals had the micro versions which was tangible and real impressive as well.  These massive real life vehicles in this day and age, no one would even tough a project like that.....and they are in some financial scuffle over making the next one because of some owed money they did not get, pretty sad on Warner Bros part I must say.

FRD-29066r_Mad-Max_Semi-Truck-Big-Rig-Wa360x-1.jpg

the-gigahorse-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjp

b041b480526fc58c1f70b62fa77ff9a5.jpg