AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Watson. Lol I don't care what anyone says. He isn't as great as they say. 

That's the problem with people and judging QBs.

The media tells you how great they are, when really, they're not quite that great.

Luck was overrated for years. Everyone putting him in the elite tier, when really he's a tier, maybe even two out of it.

People tried to say Mariota and Carr were close to if not elite in 2016. They weren't anywhere close to being elite.

ESPN was hyping Watson as a generational talent before the game...no, he's not. I compared him to McNabb coming out of college, and watching him in the NFL has solidified that comparison to me. He's a good QB. I think so long as he keeps growing, he'll become a very good QB, just like McNabb was. But anyone touting him as elite or generational or whatever else is just wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think Luck is elite. He’s so damn good

I think he is pretty good too. 

It also shows the importance of a scheme, coaches and players around a QB. 

Luck in the past was good for at least 2 INTs and 3 sacks. On him alone. 

Coaches have cleaned that up with quick passing game and play action. And they coached up that line. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Coaches have cleaned that up with quick passing game and play action. And they coached up that line. 

I think the beauty of QBs is that there’s no perfect one. Brady has his faults. Rodgers has his faults. Favre had his faults. Manning was damn near perfect, but even he did too. We get caught up in “oh he’s more likely to throw a pick or take a sack than this other guy so he’s not elite” rather than just appreciating greatness. Luck is great. He’s a very special player and leader. Despise playing against him more than anyone 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm with you guys on this one.

It goes beyond my irrational Titans fan hatred of all things Texans when it comes to why I don't like Watson. This dude is legitimately hard to root for with his constant showboating no matter the circumstances. It's different than how I hate someone like Luck for instance. I mean, I definitely do hate him (see: irrational Titans fan hatred), but he doesn't come across like a total tool. Luck seems like a pretty decent guy actually and I'd have no problem with him if he played in a different division.

And if Mariota was taunting another team's sideline while we were being blown out, I'd be pretty upset. One, because it's classless and impossible to defend as a fan, and two, because it would 100% signal the end of the world.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, KingTitan said:

I dunno if I ever blamed the sacks on Luck, his OL was pretty bad, but the INTs he still has. He makes a few more bad plays than you would like, but he makes up for it with so many good plays.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I dunno if I ever blamed the sacks on Luck, his OL was pretty bad, but the INTs he still has. He makes a few more bad plays than you would like, but he makes up for it with so many good plays.

Oh yeah. I got ya. 
I think some of the sacks were on Luck tho, in the past. He used to hold on the ball too long and take those hits. (Similar discussions to we have with Mariota).

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Oh yeah. I got ya. 
I think some of the sacks were on Luck tho, in the past. He used to hold on the ball too long and take those hits. (Similar discussions to we have with Mariota).

I'm sure he did. Hopefully Mariota grows out of it with a better OL.

I just meant I think he's always going to be a guy who throws picks because he's trying to do so much. 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSS said:

I'm sure he did. Hopefully Mariota grows out of it with a better OL.

I just meant I think he's always going to be a guy who throws picks because he's trying to do so much. 

True. 

Even in his lowest sack years he throws at leas 15 INTs. 
Still good for a turnover.

I'm going to post in the "Is it Time?' thread about the weirdness of Marcus' statically. I hope too better protection and comfort with the system speeds up his mental clock and gets the ball out quicker. 

• 2 weeks later...