AFC South Discussion Thread

titans0021

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Worse than the 88M... is the 50M guaranteed.  I was expecting 20+M on the AAV, but not that high of a guarantee. 

Wow... lol

2 yr deal pretty much that sets him as the 15th ranked QB $ wise in the NFL.

I am/was all in on Haskins so I'm eh on it. But $ wise seems pretty reasonable considering the QB landscape money wise. 

You think that's over market still? Genuinely curious, I'm indifferent.

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Worse than the 88M... is the 50M guaranteed.  I was expecting 20+M on the AAV, but not that high of a guarantee. 

Wow... lol

Basically a 2 year/50M deal is bad? QB’s are going to get paid, even average ones.

Stafford just got a boatload of GTD money. So did Jimmy, Kirk, Carr and Alex Smith. What have they ever won?

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Basically a 2 year/50M deal is bad? QB’s are going to get paid, even average ones.

Stafford just got a boatload of GTD money. So did Jimmy, Kirk, Carr and Alex Smith. What have they ever won?

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

2 yr deal pretty much that sets him as the 15th ranked QB $ wise in the NFL.

I am/was all in on Haskins so I'm eh on it. But $ wise seems pretty reasonable considering the QB landscape money wise. 

You think that's over market still? Genuinely curious, I'm indifferent.

So that's the standard down in Jax?  You guys not expecting to win? 

Bottom line, Foles is a lifetime back up QB who is being paid like a top 10 QB (total contract and AAV).  His guaranteed money ranks 7th of all active QB contracts... This on top of 20M still owed on the books to Bortles.  This on a team with 5 wins or less 4 of the past 5 seasons. 

If you guys like it... more power to you.  From this perspective though (mine, I don't speak for all Titans fans)... it doesn't make sense... hasn't made sense since the Jags and Foles were linked... makes less sense with the mini cap purge going on. 

It's like the Raiders trading for AB.  Pay a lot of money to a 30+ year old who, at least on the surface, doesn't make you a playoff contender.  But again, that's just my perspective... my opinion. 

I don’t quite know why Jags fans are assuming it’s a two-year deal. Just because a bulk of the guarantees are being paid in the first two years doesn’t mean it’s easy to get out of after two years. Unless the signing bonus has been reported and I missed it? Because if he gets a $20-24 million SB, it’ll still be a pretty decent hit in the third year.

15 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So that's the standard down in Jax?  You guys not expecting to win? 

Bottom line, Foles is a lifetime back up QB who is being paid like a top 10 QB (total contract and AAV).  His guaranteed money ranks 7th of all active QB contracts... This on top of 20M still owed on the books to Bortles.  This on a team with 5 wins or less 4 of the past 5 seasons. 

If you guys like it... more power to you.  From this perspective though (mine, I don't speak for all Titans fans)... it doesn't make sense... hasn't made sense since the Jags and Foles were linked... makes less sense with the mini cap purge going on. 

It's like the Raiders trading for AB.  Pay a lot of money to a 30+ year old who, at least on the surface, doesn't make you a playoff contender.  But again, that's just my perspective... my opinion. 

Foles had a great season under Kelly and has played like an average/above average QB the past couple years. I never said I "loved it" or am all in on Foles, but the contract isn't bad is all I'm saying.

He is being paid what the market is. Alex Smith got a similar/bigger deal last year and isn't anything more than a game manager. Foles has at least show the capability of being more than that when needed and takes shots.

We got a big time upgrade at the most important position in sports. Would I have preferred drafting Haskins? For sure. But I get the mindset of wanting a veteran that you have an idea of his capabilities at this level. 

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t quite know why Jags fans are assuming it’s a two-year deal. Just because a bulk of the guarantees are being paid in the first two years doesn’t mean it’s easy to get out of after two years. Unless the signing bonus has been reported and I missed it? Because if he gets a $20-24 million SB, it’ll still be a pretty decent hit in the third year.

First two years are 46.5M. he has 50M in guarantees. Can cut him after two years if it's a failed experiment for 3.5-4M in 2021

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t love Humphries as much as some, but he’s 10x the receiver that Funchess is.

😑😑😑 how is that oh let me guess, being a slot receiver playing next to mike Evans, Desean Jackson oh & OJ Howard. Were as Funches been a #1 receiver, I mean sure he’s really a #2 but is the primary target.  Humphries is way better though 😩

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I guess we'll see. I've seen a few people say it's an easy out after two years though based on what they saw structurally.

I mean, it’s fully possible it’s an easy out. But I’d venture A guess it’ll be closer to an $8-12M out after two years. Which is obviously still doable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

😑😑😑 how is that oh let me guess, being a slot receiver playing next to mike Evans, Desean Jackson oh & OJ Howard. Were as Funches been a #1 receiver, I mean sure he’s really a #2 but is the primary target.  Humphries is way better though 😩

He has terrible hands, runs sloppy routes, has no lateral quickness. His only positive attribute is his size. He was forced into a role he had no business in due to an abysmal group of receivers. He reminds me of nothing more than a bigger, worse version of rookie Tajae.