Terry McClaurin in Elite Company

turtle28

Pro Football Focus tweeted on Thursday that McLaurin was the only rookie in 2019 who average more than two yards per route run, which puts him in a class of players to the likes of JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Thomas, Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Julio Jones, and A.J. Green.

https://allfans.co/new-stat-puts-terry-mclaurin-in-class-with-obj-mike-evans-julio-jones/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It is nice too see this team get this caliber of player at WR especially in the 3rd. Gotta love hitting on a guy on those guys level in the 3rd that’s gotta be a really awesome feeling to be the scout in that area for this team to be digging head first on these guys that’s a awesome find it’s incredible when you hear him speak and hear his story about his recruiting man as a scout imagine meeting this guy and taking that back to the boss like look whatever teams think we can win with this type of guy period

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:30 PM, ripsean21 said:

It is nice too see this team get this caliber of player at WR especially in the 3rd. Gotta love hitting on a guy on those guys level in the 3rd that’s gotta be a really awesome feeling to be the scout in that area for this team to be digging head first on these guys that’s a awesome find it’s incredible when you hear him speak and hear his story about his recruiting man as a scout imagine meeting this guy and taking that back to the boss like look whatever teams think we can win with this type of guy period

It’s especially nice knowing that the Redskins have drafted a bunch of 1st, 2nd, 3rd busts at WR since they drafted Desmond Howard in 1992. I’m ecstatic about Terry and how well he played last year but I’m also kind of relieved bc we finally got a WR in the first 3 rounds who wasn’t a bust.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s especially nice knowing that the Redskins have drafted a bunch of 1st, 2nd, 3rd busts at WR since they drafted Demond Howard in 1992. I’m ecstatic about Terry and how well he played last year but I’m also kind of relieved bc we finally got a WR in the first 3 rounds who wasn’t a bust.

It was a long ride and I really don’t get excited about my team drafting one if we’re picking in the top 10 But that’s just a preference.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, ripsean21 said:

It was a long ride and I really don’t get excited about my team drafting one if we’re picking in the top 10 But that’s just a preference.

I mean could you just imagine how much better the last 30 years of our passing game would have been if Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner, Taylor Jacobs, Devin Thomas, Malcom Kelly, Leonard Hankerson and Josh Doctson weren’t all busts?

Talk about some awful drafting & awful development of WRs over the last 3 decades! Ugh 😫 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I mean could you just imagine how much better the last 30 years of our passing game would have been if Desmond Howard, Michael Westbrook, Rod Gardner, Taylor Jacobs, Devin Thomas, Malcom Kelly, Leonard Hankerson and Josh Doctson weren’t all busts?

Talk about some awful drafting & awful development of WRs over the last 3 decades! Ugh 😫 

That’s the price of a Terry and Chase Collins Payne Allen’s Sweat we’ve paid the hurt now let’s ball Terry is special nobody knew this was what this guy had!!! He’s amazing

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, turtle28 said:

Makes you wonder what us and the Ravens did to break that curse.  They have just as bad of a track record as we did until last year.  Changing from Newsome to De Costa makes sense for the Ravens.  I can't really point to a change that happened for us.  I guess we just got lucky? 

On 5/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, lavar703 said:

In my opinion, he was the best rookie receiver. I’m hesitant to start putting him in the elite category because it could’ve all been a fluke but I bet he really separates himself from the rest of the class this year. 

I agree bc he put up his stats in 14 games. He missed one w/ a hamstring & week 17 w/ a concussion or concussion like syndromes.

Add those two games in and that’s 10 more recs & 125 more yds. That for the season totals 68 recs, 1044 yds & 8 TDs.

That’s why this year I expect him to have  around 80 recs - especially bc of his and Haskins’ chemistry - 1125 yds & 10 TDs.

Edited by turtle28