Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

@Tk3

Basically, here is the breakdown as I understand it. 

Counselor gave Vikes a potion.  The potion was strong and forced vikes to do something. Counselor did not have any say on what that action was or anything like that so far as I know; his role is basically making and distributing the potions. Josh had previously stated that he was redirected to Vikes. Vikes admitted that he did do something to Josh because of the potion (with Josh previously confirming he was redirected, can be reasonably assumed that these two actions were the same). Vikes did not have a say over his action either; it was a byproduct of the potion. Whether he's a true redirector I do not know. Vikes' action redirected Josh to himself, and Josh's move was investigative. 

For me, honestly, all that matters is the results. I trust Josh, josh's results say Slytherin student, and I'm going with that 100%. All the rest of it is kind of noise to me. What matters to me is the Josh angle. 

I also don't was us to forget about this malf/matts/dome/counselor web either though

• Malf claims Harry, despite Matts flipping Harry
  • Counselor is hell bent that Matts was janitored, and that Malf is Harry
  • Malf claims that Dome killed Squire
  • Dome denies Malf's allegations

What to make of this?

One option is Malf and Counselor are scum together, in which case they are trying to just barrel through the rest of the game together. The weird part about it is that if that were the case, Counselor would be pushing harder to support Malf's move against Dome. He wouldn't go all in on defending Malf, while not committing to burying Dome.

The other option is Malf and Counselor are both civs, and Counselor has information that Malf is truly Harry (or that Matts was not truly Harry). Again, why is he not pushing Dome and following Malf's lead, because in this scenario, Dome is scum?

I just frankly don't see a scenario where Malf and Counselor are not aligned, with Dome being of opposite alignment

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For me, honestly, all that matters is the results. I trust Josh, josh's results say Slytherin student, and I'm going with that 100%. All the rest of it is kind of noise to me. What matters to me is the Josh angle. 

This is basically where I am also

I just can't get myself past the malf thing

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Well I guess I can be considered a Joat of sorts based on the potions having different abilities. But it’s random other than choosing the benefit or harm option. 

I guess I used "JOAT" when I meant different potions each day.. Same thing, just less agency or choice in what they are, I guess

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I also don't was us to forget about this malf/matts/dome/counselor web either though

• Malf claims Harry, despite Matts flipping Harry
  • Counselor is hell bent that Matts was janitored, and that Malf is Harry
  • Malf claims that Dome killed Squire
  • Dome denies Malf's allegations

What to make of this?

One option is Malf and Counselor are scum together, in which case they are trying to just barrel through the rest of the game together. The weird part about it is that if that were the case, Counselor would be pushing harder to support Malf's move against Dome. He wouldn't go all in on defending Malf, while not committing to burying Dome.

The other option is Malf and Counselor are both civs, and Counselor has information that Malf is truly Harry (or that Matts was not truly Harry). Again, why is he not pushing Dome and following Malf's lead, because in this scenario, Dome is scum?

I just frankly don't see a scenario where Malf and Counselor are not aligned, with Dome being of opposite alignment

Why I believe Malf is Harry and Matts was janitored is not based on game information. And thus if I share more it is PM games. And I don’t want to be that guy. I’d rather be lynched. 

25 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Why I believe Malf is Harry and Matts was janitored is not based on game information. And thus if I share more it is PM games. And I don’t want to be that guy. I’d rather be lynched. 

So you're all in on Dome and Vikes then?

okay... let's talk ET now

he says 2 mafia were on the matts vote

that means 2 of this 6 are mafia

Forge, Josh, Tk3, Malfatron, buff, Counselor

that also means 2 of the remaining 6 are mafia (assuming a 4 man scum team)

Dome, Hobo, bcb, ET, KSJ, Vikes

I'm good on Vikes.. he as good as admitted to being slytherin. 

If we are to believe ET, then that would mean 1 more of Dome, Hobo, BCB, ET, and KSJ

If we believe both ET and Malf/Counselor.. then we are left with Vikes and Dome as mafia from the one side, and idk that I see 2 mafia on the other

If we believe ET but NOT Malf/Counselor.. then we are left with Malf and Counselor on one side, and Vikes + ???? on the other

I don't really see it. Plus I HATE his reactions. I feel like he gave sheepish responses.

For example, he was asked why he moved off of his "list". Mathematically speaking, he SHOULD move off his list if he is a civ census. He would have 2/5 chance to get the mafia working off those NOT on the census. Why didn't he say that?

Seems to me like someone who was sitting on that information would have done the math and figured things out

All of that said, I think we start with Vikes. See how the census information plays out over the next day.

But gun to my head, I'm not buying it either

ESPECIALLY if we are going to believe Counselor about Malf

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

okay... let's talk ET now

he says 2 mafia were on the matts vote

that means 2 of this 6 are mafia

Forge, Josh, Tk3, Malfatron, buff, Counselor

that also means 2 of the remaining 6 are mafia (assuming a 4 man scum team)

Dome, Hobo, bcb, ET, KSJ, Vikes

I'm good on Vikes.. he as good as admitted to being slytherin. 

If we are to believe ET, then that would mean 1 more of Dome, Hobo, BCB, ET, and KSJ

If we believe both ET and Malf/Counselor.. then we are left with Vikes and Dome as mafia from the one side, and idk that I see 2 mafia on the other

If we believe ET but NOT Malf/Counselor.. then we are left with Malf and Counselor on one side, and Vikes + ???? on the other

I don't really see it. Plus I HATE his reactions. I feel like he gave sheepish responses.

For example, he was asked why he moved off of his "list". Mathematically speaking, he SHOULD move off his list if he is a civ census. He would have 2/5 chance to get the mafia working off those NOT on the census. Why didn't he say that?

Seems to me like someone who was sitting on that information would have done the math and figured things out

Where did you copy and paste this from?

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Where did you copy and paste this from?

Just now, Tk3 said:

I didn't

oh... I copied the line of people who voted for Matts from Swag's quote of Squire

• Like 1