Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol I’ll pass on both.

We don’t need a psycho with frosted tips or a dude who can’t figure out the complexities of man coverage.

Like a normal *** dude who coordinated a high school defense once would be fine at this point.

Why you talking about my high school days?

Edited by sdrawkcab321
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Most of these dudes are ego-maniacs. Gregggg is this to the 1000th degree, but he's at least competent and capable despite his frustrations.

Give me someone who has a solid scheme and actually shows a willingness to play to his personnel strengths, which is something Gregg is incapable of doing.

Zimmer comes to mind. Vrabel if he's fired after the year.

I'm sure there are others.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us with a coach who played to their players strengths. It’s so rare. Everyone wants to shoehorn in their scheme. 

id love zimmer. But wasn’t vrabel a pretty bad DC?

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us with a coach who played to their players strengths. It’s so rare. Everyone wants to shoehorn in their scheme. 

Vrabel was the DC in Houston and more or less kind of went down with the Romeo Crennel ship, but as a LB coach in his three seasons there, his defenses were Top 3 in yards per game allowed in the entire league.

He also was great at Ohio State as a DL/LB coach.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Most of these dudes are ego-maniacs. Gregggg is this to the 1000th degree, but he's at least competent and capable despite his frustrations.

Give me someone who has a solid scheme and actually shows a willingness to play to his personnel strengths, which is something Gregg is incapable of doing.

Zimmer comes to mind. Vrabel if he's fired after the year.

I'm sure there are others.

Zimmer for sure.  

A bit of a prick but his defenses play well.  He also understands a LB can be larger that 190 pounds.

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

**** Jauron did a solid job imo.  Had a middling defense with not a lot of talent.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

1. Agreed, he's been rock solid.

2. He was a heavy zone/Cover 3 outside guy at MSU, so he was a perfect outside scheme fit for Woods.

...and we drafted elite man corners in Ward and Newsome and are having them play zone. Newsome's best trait coming out was even his ability as a tackler, specifically after playing Man Coverage.

It's infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because he’s the only pure zone corner we have. I don’t know what Barry is thinking with all these man corners in a zone scheme. Either give your dc the right guys or get a new dc. 

I mean, zone should be something that can be learned whereas man requires a certain level of skill that can’t really be taught.

Any defense should be incorporating man and zone concepts.