Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as Stefanski and the record, who are these coaches who win consistently with *** QBs? The reasons we’re losing have little to do with the HC. It’s defense, ST and starting Jacoby Brissett/Baker Mayfield.

Is a HC supposed to be able to fix/control all of that?  If so, why do teams even bother hiring coordinators?

If Stefanski refuses to fire woods/preifer at the end of the season, sure, he’s now assumed all responsibility for next season.  But wanting to fire a guy before he even gets to coach the pro bowl QB we traded for is a wild *** stance imo.

I agree with this.  Who can you get that is an upgrade? If Sean Payton is willing sure, I doubt it but I’m going to guess we don’t see a high level coach come here. So we would need to hire some coordinator who is unproven. Rinse wash repeat 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s pretty obvious that Stefanski just wants to be an offensive coordinator. He has zero control over the defense or ST. No interest at all in adjusting anything on any other side of the ball other than offense. He needs to go. We can give him the best DC and ST coach in the world and it wouldn’t matter. He’s proven he doesn’t care about making decisions on those ends. His one great year was during Covid when he could coach the team from his basement and didn’t need to make in person decisions. 

This doesn’t even make sense nor is it rooted in anything other than speculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as Stefanski and the record, who are these coaches who win consistently with *** QBs? The reasons we’re losing have little to do with the HC. It’s defense, ST and starting Jacoby Brissett/Baker Mayfield.

Is a HC supposed to be able to fix/control all of that?  If so, why do teams even bother hiring coordinators?

If Stefanski refuses to fire woods/preifer at the end of the season, sure, he’s now assumed all responsibility for next season.  But wanting to fire a guy before he even gets to coach the pro bowl QB we traded for is a wild *** stance imo.

IMO it explains every first quarter vs rest of the game metric. It shows he’s a borderline elite to elite game planner and handicapped by poor quarterback play that can’t make up for adjustments and deficiencies. 

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

I agree with this.  Who can you get that is an upgrade? If Sean Payton is willing sure, I doubt it but I’m going to guess we don’t see a high level coach come here.

Sure.  I’ll also point out he made his name with Drew Brees as his QB and also still managed to post four 7 win seasons with a surefire first ballot HOF QB.

I’m not saying he’s not a great coach or anything else, just reiterating it’s hard to win consistently with *** QBs.

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

So we would need to hire some coordinator who is unproven. Rinse wash repeat 

Yeah.  You’d think if any fanbase would understand new doesn’t necessarily equal better it would be this one.  But here we are 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

IMO it explains every first quarter vs rest of the game metric. It shows he’s a borderline elite to elite game planner and handicapped by poor quarterback play that can’t make up for adjustments and deficiencies. 

And like, even yesterday the issue seemed pretty clear.

We had 2 drops in the end zone and another open throw where Bryant couldn’t get 2 feet in. The pass play design is working. Guys are getting open and we’re getting good matchups outside.

As far as the run game, the Bills have a great run defense and stacked the box because Jacoby isn’t gonna beat you over the top consistently.  

If we’re gonna score points with *** QBs, we need to make the plays when they’re there.  We don’t have wiggle room, especially against good teams.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Even if Watson comes in and lights the league on fire it’s not going to change the fact that Stefanski has done zero adjusting on defense. No accountability at all. That’s not what a HC is suppose to do. You’re suppose to control both sides. Even if he doesn’t want to fire woods mid season we should have then seen some sort of adjustment. Some kind of coverage change. It’s been the same for 3 years now. The same soft zone that defenses have walked right down the field on. If he can’t tell woods that he needs to play up on receivers which is the obvious adjustment to anyone who had eyes then he’s not a leader. And shouldn’t be coaching this team. 

This is 100% speculation and opinion, which is fine, but let’s not pretend you’re arguing facts here.

You nor I have any idea how much he is or isn’t involved in the defense and what he has or hasn’t said to Woods.

19 minutes ago, JDD said:

I agree with this.  Who can you get that is an upgrade? If Sean Payton is willing sure, I doubt it but I’m going to guess we don’t see a high level coach come here. So we would need to hire some coordinator who is unproven. Rinse wash repeat 

When you consider what Tom brady attracted this year you won't even get a interview with Payton.

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is 100% speculation and opinion, which is fine, but let’s not pretend you’re arguing facts here.

You nor I have any idea how much he is or isn’t involved in the defense and what he has or hasn’t said to Woods.

Either way he’s done a terrible job. If he did talk to woods and woods still hasn’t fixed the issue then it’s on Stefanski for letting woods get away with this. And if he hasn’t talked with woods that’s even worse. He’s shown zero accountability on any side of the ball other than offense. That’s unacceptable for a head coach. 

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And like, even yesterday the issue seemed pretty clear.

We had 2 drops in the end zone and another open throw where Bryant couldn’t get 2 feet in. The pass play design is working. Guys are getting open and we’re getting good matchups outside.

As far as the run game, the Bills have a great run defense and stacked the box because Jacoby isn’t gonna beat you over the top consistently.  

If we’re gonna score points with *** QBs, we need to make the plays when they’re there.  We don’t have wiggle room, especially against good teams.

The Bills rush offense getting right against our defense was as predictable as it gets.

Wills is the weak link of our offense. I wouldn’t pick up his fifth year option tbh.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Bills rush offense getting right against our defense was as predictable as it gets.

Wills is the weak link of our offense. I wouldn’t pick up his fifth year option tbh.

Eh, he’s still just 23.  I sure as hell wouldn’t look to extend him now, but as long as he’s a professional day to day and working to get better, I’d probably pick up the option and see if he can continue to develop.

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Either way he’s done a terrible job. If he did talk to woods and woods still hasn’t fixed the issue then it’s on Stefanski for letting woods get away with this. And if he hasn’t talked with woods that’s even worse. He’s shown zero accountability on any side of the ball other than offense. That’s unacceptable for a head coach. 

I’ll hold his feet to the fire if he doesn’t address it in the off-season, but not canning him now isn’t a deal breaker for me (even though I’d have fired him long ago).