Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I love the fake news that we don’t run the ball enough 

Also, I’m sure it’s just a coincidence the best offenses in the NFL pass a ton on first down and the worst ones are run heavy.

What’s even funnier is some folks will get mad at that statistic because it flies in the face of what they want to believe.  

Analytics are just data.  If you’re mad our team is using data to drive the decision making process and not gut feelings or whatever else, idk man lol (not directed at you candy)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Grossi is so annoying, waits for us to lose a bad weather game at home where our backs averages 3.2 ypc to report some rift between Stefanski and DePo that probably doesn't exist. 

Yep.  And like, when tf has Grossi ever been tapped into to anything?  Dude hasn’t had a source in the organization for years and it’s painfully obvious.

Now he’s got a source that knows the interpersonal and working relationship between DePo and Stefanski?  I’m not buying it.

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Depo has had reported issues with everyone we’ve had so far. Hue,Freddie,Dorsey so I don’t think a Stefanski riff is too far of a reach. 

I think I’m the phrasing is important here.  I don’t recall any stories of DePo having issues with any of these guys.  They had issues with him/the role of analytics.

Blaming DePo for not getting along with people who didn’t value his contributions from the beginning is glossing over a lot.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Depo has had reported issues with everyone we’ve had so far. Hue,Freddie,Dorsey so I don’t think a Stefanski riff is too far of a reach. 

I would believe there was a riff if the reported reason for the riff was 

1. Not reported by Grossi

2. Made any sense at all

Stefanski is beholden to DePodesta making him go away from running the ball? We are one of the most run heavy teams in the league.  We ran the crap out of the ball against the Saints all game long, it just didn't work.  If this is true then Stefanski will be fired for running too much. 

Combine organizational turmoil with 1960s Cleveland football sentimentality and you get the perfect Grossi story. 

• Like 1

Aside from the Grossi article I'd say this FO deserves another round of criticism after this year for placing all the chips on Deshaun Watson.  I don't see the ceiling of this trade as us becoming perennial super bowl contenders anymore.

If Watson gets back to what he was in Houston, and he plays out the next 4 years, I think we can maybe make the playoffs.  This trade set the expectation higher than that, so these guys are inevitably getting canned in the next couple years. It unfortunately won't improve the teams prospects when they do because that contract and trade has made the cupboard pretty bare.  I feel like we are the Knicks if they made the Donovan Mitchell trade. 

Sorry for the bleak posting, but that's what has been weighing on my mind with this team. 

Edited by Rod Johnson

43 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Aside from the Grossi article I'd say this FO deserves another round of criticism after this year for placing all the chips on Deshaun Watson.  I don't see the ceiling of this trade as us becoming perennial super bowl contenders anymore.

If Watson gets back to what he was in Houston, and he plays out the next 4 years, I think we can maybe make the playoffs.  This trade set the expectation higher than that, so these guys are inevitably getting canned in the next couple years. It unfortunately won't improve the teams prospects when they do because that contract and trade has made the cupboard pretty bare.  I feel like we are the Knicks if they made the Donovan Mitchell trade. 

Sorry for the bleak posting, but that's what has been weighing on my mind with this team. 

We are going to need to hit a couple of home runs on some 2nd 3rd and 4th rounders. 

Or recoup some lost assets.

Trade dpj, for a 2nd maybe, Cooper for a 2nd.

Maybe Teller for a 3rd.

We haven't had anyone improve their stock all that much. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are going to need to hit a couple of home runs on some 2nd 3rd and 4th rounders. 

Maybe Teller for a 3rd.

we have a weak Receiver room as it is..... you wanna trade our only viable Receiving threats not our TE?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I would believe there was a riff if the reported reason for the riff was 

1. Not reported by Grossi

2. Made any sense at all

It doesn’t need to make sense.  Grossi knows a large percentage of fans don’t like DePodesta and the analytics side of things because they’re old and don’t like change or don’t understand what analytics are or how they’re applied or whatever. He knows he can write a scorching article and it will be a hot with those folks who are also probably the same types who listen to sports talk am radio.

Stefanski is beholden to DePodesta making him go away from running the ball? We are one of the most run heavy teams in the league.  We ran the crap out of the ball against the Saints all game long, it just didn't work.  If this is true then Stefanski will be fired for running too much. 

we’re 4th in the league in attempts and the 3 teams ahead of us are the bears, eagles and falcons, all of whom have quarterbacks who accounting for a noteworthy part of their run game.

Combine organizational turmoil with 1960s Cleveland football sentimentality and you get the perfect Grossi story. 

100%.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Maybe Teller for a 3rd.

Kiwi and trading established talent for question marks as a solution to winning in the short term.

Name a more iconic duo lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think if he’s similar to the player we saw in Houston we’re in the playoff conversation every year.  Health, getting hot, some luck in the draft/FA, matchups, etc will all be factors in how big of a contender we are each year.

If Watson gets back to what he was in Houston, and he plays out the next 4 years, I think we can maybe make the playoffs.  This trade set the expectation higher than that, so these guys are inevitably getting canned in the next couple years.

If making the playoffs gets our guys canned we might as well find something else to do with our Sundays because our owner is delusional.

On field discussion only, Watson was far and away the best option we had.  He’s not Mahomes or whatever, but we’re not getting one of those guys nor would Haslam ever be patient enough with this group to allow for a raw prospect to develop.

Like, seriously. Imagine we take some freak unicorn in R1 this year (not sure who that’d be, but just go with it). If you were Stefanski, Berry, DePo, etc would you be confident you’ll be around at the end of his rookie deal?

Watson is a “sure thing” and raises our ceiling as high as it can reasonably be unless we were to have used one of the picks this year or next on a generational QB. That we found outside of the top 5-10.  And developed.  

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture 

It unfortunately won't improve the teams prospects when they do because that contract and trade has made the cupboard pretty bare. 

I mean, we traded a few first rounders. Mayfield wasn’t it obv so we’d have to assume if it wasn’t gonna be Watson we’d be drafting some other unknown dude with at least one of those picks. We still have like 8 picks in April, just not a first.  We’ll need to start hitting on some of these picks for sure, but that’s obvious regardless who’s playing QB or how many picks we have.

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think if he’s similar to the player we saw in Houston we’re in the playoff conversation every year.  Health, getting hot, some luck in the draft/FA, matchups, etc will all be factors in how big of a contender we are each year.

If making the playoffs gets our guys canned we might as well find something else to do with our Sundays because our owner is delusional.

On field discussion only, Watson was far and away the best option we had.  He’s not Mahomes or whatever, but we’re not getting one of those guys nor would Haslam ever be patient enough with this group to allow for a raw prospect to develop.

Like, seriously. Imagine we take some freak unicorn in R1 this year (not sure who that’d be, but just go with it). If you were Stefanski, Berry, DePo, etc would you be confident you’ll be around at the end of his rookie deal?

Watson is a “sure thing” and raises our ceiling as high as it can reasonably be unless we were to have used one of the picks this year or next on a generational QB. That we found outside of the top 5-10.  And developed.  

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture 

I mean, we traded a few first rounders. Mayfield wasn’t it obv so we’d have to assume if it wasn’t gonna be Watson we’d be drafting some other unknown dude with at least one of those picks. We still have like 8 picks in April, just not a first.  We’ll need to start hitting on some of these picks for sure, but that’s obvious regardless who’s playing QB or how many picks we have.

Mayfield with a broken ankle plus a labrum tear outplayed Leshaun last and this year .

Then you say this is a good as we could have done.

Wrong 

Darnold out played Leshaun 

Mayfield maybe the highest paid free agent This year 

All the people that screaming for a defensive coordinator plus special teams as a fix need to apply the Mayfield rule.

This guy has 6 wins in 2 years that's right 21 games.

You want to see stupid is as stupid does watch the entire games of all 11 losses of Leshaun. 

What you see is a team devoid of play makers ,sound familiar, because the payed Leshaun only 49 million let alone

69 plus 6 draft picks. 

Al Michael  called this team out in 1 line 

"Cleveland wishes they had Mayfield back", read the news Dawg pound daily

Says that they will have to restructure Myles Garrett contract to avoid cap problems oh what I surprise.

If your Myles due you restructure to stay with a last place team 

That means this trade is

Jordan Davis 

Ojabo.. 

Mayfield 

Plus Myles 

4 more draft picks 

Plus the money for roquan

Plus Grady Jarrett I am still happy

To play anybody with my team you would be massacred 

This was done for 1 reason Berry got told to pound salt by a excellent agent 

Plus Mayfield is approachingHappy Thank U GIF 100,000,00 million in net worth Cleveland would be stuck with a unsigned franchise tag and no qb 

Rod excellent post .

This Samuel Adam's Boston lager is for you.Happy So Excited GIF by Sherlock Gnomes

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Kiwi and trading established talent for question marks as a solution to winning in the short term.

Name a more iconic duo lol

It's what I do. 

I like it as a though experiment, it is nice to see where we have outperformed expectations.

Cooper looking so good he might get a 1st.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Maybe Teller for a 3rd.

There is no way in hell you could get a 2nd for Dpj. Probably not even a 6th. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's what I do. 

I like it as a though experiment, it is nice to see where we have outperformed expectations.

Cooper looking so good he might get a 1st.

Cooper has never not looked good. Even last year. He’s a year older we aren’t getting more than the 5th we gave up for him. Wishful thinking. But completely unrealistic.