Browns General Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We needed veteran leadership on the defensive line. We’ve got too many kids on that unit.

Phil Taylor said it best- You need veterans to step up and chew dudes out so games like the Atlanta one never happen.

Not just vets, Clowney was a vet, you need the right type of guys.

Our culture in the locker room has been an issue forever. I really hope the nerds took a harder look at the personal side of things and that these guys are the types of leaders we’ve been needing.

• Like 1

It might have been a little bit of overpay, but the need for a big bodied defensive tackle was real. So, there’s a sense of desperation, especially with us lacking a little bit of draft capital. We are throwing money out there, but if we are going to compete, this is the window. So you have to fill those major holes. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Question, do you draft another big body to play next to Tomlinson at 3-tech?

Or do you draft a smaller and faster guy like Calijah Kancey?

I think you go BPA regardless, but Kancey is super twitchy and explosive whereas I still believe your old school big stuffers can be had later, so value says interior rusher earlier IMO.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I thought perhaps Hudson would be a guy we’d use to replace someone, but I guess it’s also nice to see us go all in on OL play.

yeah I thought he was gonna be Conklin’s replacement. Having to pay Conklin and Pocic and Teller and Bitonio after having 3 years of Callahan is a bit disappointing imo.  Like, I’m glad they didn’t that they’re keeping good players, but at some point you’d like to see them be confident enough in their drafting and development to let a player walk knowing they can plug in their replacement who’s been developed properly.

He was hurt a lot in LA and I feel like he’s a 3rd DE type. He will get hurt and/or mauled if he’s a JAM tech like we “need”.

From what I’ve read it sounds like he’s short, but that’s about it.  Very physical, plays with surprising power.  James Harrisonesque (not as good obv).

Somehow I’m waking up even earlier now. Probably work related stress tbh. I’m having issues turning off my brain.

Wouldn’t seem to be a particularly difficult switch to pull 😘 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Question, do you draft another big body to play next to Tomlinson at 3-tech?

Or do you draft a smaller and faster guy like Calijah Kancey?

Me?  Both.

Tomlinson can apparently play either spot, which is nice, but we still don’t have a relatively cheap long term fix.

Kancey R2 and Mazi Smith R3 and my dong is throbbing for a month.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Wouldn’t seem to be a particularly difficult switch to pull 😘 

Waiting on my final contract to go through, then I’ll probably start feeling instantly better. I’m not wired to bail on my kids at school even if I have that card to play, but I’m going to try to do so…I have a lot of sick days left and more than I can use 😂 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me?  Both.

Tomlinson can apparently play either spot, which is nice, but we still don’t have a relatively cheap long term fix.

Kancey R2 and Mazi Smith R3 and my dong is throbbing for a month.

If Kancey makes it to R2 after blowing up the combine after already being a fringe R1 prospect, that’s a no brainer.

I’d probably lean Zach Harrison R3 with his enormous frame and athleticism, as this year he finally put it together as a run stopper. Likely a capable NFL starter with 3rd down value as an interior pass rusher. Oh, and a Buckeye.

• Like 1