Browns General Discussion

candyman93

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really glad we’ve kept Michael Dunn. He performed admirably yesterday.

I didn’t hear his name once nor did I notice anything different about our blocking or offense.

Considering he stepped in for an all pro, I’d say that’s a pretty damned good sign.

While we’re mentioning OL, Jones has continued to look impressive.  Bosa did absolutely nothing against him save the one sack that looked to be a communication error and Teller was to pick him up.

Something massive I’ve noticed that’s different: No real busted coverages where guys didn’t communicate.

Woods should have just did what Schwartz has done. You tell your fantastic boundary corners to just stay on 1 side of the field. Like what Seattle did with Richard Sherman.

I hate to keep crapping on Joe Woods, but man, he simply did NOT know what he was doing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Something massive I’ve noticed that’s different: No real busted coverages where guys didn’t communicate.

Woods should have just did what Schwartz has done. You tell your fantastic boundary corners to just stay on 1 side of the field. Like what Seattle did with Richard Sherman.

I hate to keep crapping on Joe Woods, but man, he simply did NOT know what he was doing.

He deserves to be crapped on.

Not saying he's the worst DC I've ever seen, but there's certainly not many DCs who got less out of the talent he had to work with. Good riddance.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

it’s just man coverage, not some complex “we’re gonna make 2 calls and depending on the offensive formation we’ll expect everyone to identify what we’re supposed to be in” nonsense that has been discussed.

”I got him” is hard to duck up.

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We all crap on him incessantly because literally this whole board just wanted him to do exactly what Schwartz is doing right now.  He was his own biggest obstacle.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We all crap on him incessantly because literally this whole board just wanted him to do exactly what Schwartz is doing right now.  He was his own biggest obstacle.

Ironically, the Saints' defense is good this year. Woods clearly has some redeeming qualities, but he certainly shat the bed here.