Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jim O'Neil was a close 2nd. His 2015 had the strength of paper mache 

Jim O’Neil was most famous for having the most complex run fit scheme ever. Our entire DL would have free reign over the gap they chose & the linebackers had to try and fit off of that on the fly.

That said, sign me up for Jim O’Neil every day of the week over Joe Woods. In fact, sign me up for a rusty fork colonoscopy over Joe Woods.

That is all. Mastur bator. 

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This hasn’t been really talked about.

However, I think part of Watsons struggles have been because of deep passes being taken away. Watson had a fantastic ability to chuck it deep.

He’s having to learn to take what a defense gives him.

Absolutely.  I think pairing that with Chubb going down only makes things harder too.  With Chubb defenses had to pick single high with 8 in the box or 2 high with 7 in the box. 

Im not sure we’re gonna see many stacked boxed until Funt/Chord prove they can win consistently on the ground.  Watson is gonna need to learn to take what’s there and pick his moments.

If the last few weeks haven’t shown Watson that this team can win with him protecting the ball than I’m afraid he won’t be good here. This defense can keep them in every game. He can throw for 250 and 1 TD and win a superbowl. 

3 minutes ago, JDD said:

If the last few weeks haven’t shown Watson that this team can win with him protecting the ball than I’m afraid he won’t be good here. This defense can keep them in every game. He can throw for 250 and 1 TD and win a superbowl. 

He needs to decide, “who are my 2 go to receivers.” Amari Cooper is obviously #1, but he needs to decide who that 2nd guy is. Is it Elijah Moore? David Njoku? 

Then he needs to learn to take what the defense gives him.

Don’t be a Rex Grossman and routinely kill your defense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He needs to decide, “who are my 2 go to receivers.” Amari Cooper is obviously #1, but he needs to decide who that 2nd guy is. Is it Elijah Moore? David Njoku? 

Then he needs to learn to take what the defense gives him.

Aren’t these things contradictory? I think he needs to be called more flood concepts. Weak and strong flood off of PA. When you expect man, run the ball or iso up Cooper. A lot of his struggles are the result of bleh play calls. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Can we trade for Deshone Kizer or Brandon Weeden so we can have an upgrade at QB? 

This team has just about everything and should be SB contender but our doofus front office and moronic owner had to give up the entire sun and moon for this awful QB and human. 

Imagine what we could have done with all those early round draft picks and all that cap space. 

Edited by dawgattack