Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 6/10/2024 at 12:28 PM, Armbar said:

I loved him coming out. I think his ceiling is that of a Za’Darius Smith/JaDeveon Clowney. He’s not close to that now, but he’s very fluid and bendy for a dude at his size. I am 90% sure he can be a strong rotational player for years. I am 65% sure that he could be an average starting DE. 15% he could be a high end starter. 5% chance he is a star. 

I know Isaiah McGuire didn’t show anything, but I think he can end up being similar to Wright. They both can be strong rotational guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I know Isaiah McGuire didn’t show anything, but I think he can end up being similar to Wright. They both can be strong rotational guys.

I love that these guys are being eased into roles.  Let them learn, develop, etc and not expect a mid round rookie to be your best DL like we have in the past.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Amari playing the holdout game. 

I can’t even blame him tbh.  His salary this year is lower than some #2s at this point.

They need to add a year or two and some guaranteed money.  I’d be shocked if he’s wanting some record deal. 2/55 or something like that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t even blame him tbh.  His salary this year is lower than some #2s at this point.

They need to add a year or two and some guaranteed money.  I’d be shocked if he’s wanting some record deal. 2/55 or something like that.

Dude saw Jeudy’s salary and said LOL, yeah pay me.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, no reason not to give him an extension assuming he's not expecting an insane payday.

Might get a 3 year deal, with the 3rd year being easy to get out of

He turns 30 next week

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Dude saw Jeudy’s salary and said LOL, yeah pay me.

Not just Jeudy, all of them.  Top guys are getting 35 a year now, he’s at 23 and has consistently performed at a high level.  He’s due a raise imo.  

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Might get a 3 year deal, with the 3rd year being easy to get out of

He turns 30 next week

That's what I would guess. Basically a two-year extension with an option for a third year.

And to add to that, Cooper's game should age fairly well. Yeah, he'll start to lose his athleticism but his route running is elite.

Edited by DawgX

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, we badly need a #2 who can get 800+ yards 

Yeah I don’t get the hate with the Jeudy deal tbh.  The draft compensation was minimal, he’s shown some flashes with some not great QB play paired with organizational turnover.  The deal looks wild, but it’s not my money 🤷‍♂️.  

Im glad we made a move to try to improve a position of weakness as opposed to just hoping some mid to late round pick was going to save us.

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And honestly the contract itself isn’t that wild. He’s being paid like a #2 dude.

yearly average is half of the top guys

He still can’t catch the ball. I don’t care what he’s getting paid he’s not worth it.