Browns General Discussion

candyman93

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:
3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t see any point in doing the evaluation of him or his play or future after every game.

Clearly, someone disagrees with you

This is the exact sentence that inspired me. Let’s all hope I’m Watson’s own personal Rachel Phelps as he hates me and becomes someone who doesn’t suck.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying we won’t hear them, but I don’t think they’ll be that common tbh.  I think most of the fanbase is in the “it’s time to sht or get off the pot” camp, myself included. 

he’s been throwing all of training camp.  No excuse imo.

constructed around his preferences.  I’m not saying he’s gonna look amazing initially, but he should be adequate from the start.

He’s a proven commodity.

Another proven commodity.

No one said running the ball is archaic, they said building a run first offense was archaic.  Let’s not misrepresent stuff intentionally lol.

Browns fans have an odd perception of what an OL looks like for pretty much every team in the league. 

good teams play tough schedules.  Playoffs are hard.  You have to beat good teams if you want to win anything of note.  That said, I don’t care about seeding or regular season records tbh, just make the playoffs.

The defense is gonna regress most likely, at least statistically.  

well, that’s true and is absolutely gonna happen lol

2 years is patient.  Time’s up imo.

I don’t see any point in doing the evaluation of him or his play or future after every game, but by season’s end we will have what I consider to be enough to make a definitive decision moving forward.

You forgot it is the waterboys fault after all he told Hansen what to do.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Funny nothing was broken with the offense until he got here 

nothing’s wrong with Stefanski’s offense, but it’s not what Watson wants to do.  This should be exactly what he likes.  It’s not a broken vs not broken situation, it’s optimized vs square peg/round hole.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

“In todays NFL you don’t need a good running game” has been spewed relentlessly here.

I think you need to be able to run situationally at a minimum.   Don’t think you need 5ypc, but you need to be able to pick up 3rd and shorts/goal.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

PTSD from Jim Pyne and those scrubs killing Tim Couch, and overcorrection

in part.  The other part is many fans only watch their team or ignore what other teams OL look like 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The Oilers stopped playing football in the mid 90s and have won a division more recently. I get what you’re saying but I’m tired of limping in on the rare occasions we make it.

I get the frustration and you’re not wrong, but end of the day it’s a clean slate when the postseason starts.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m using that phrase liberally on purpose. Somehow playing 1/2 of good to great football is the norm and the rest are outliers. Gimme a break.

no one is saying it’s the norm, they (and me) are saying the ability is still there.  That’s nowhere near enough obviously, we need to see that regularly.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

To do what exactly? Still pay and play him for 2 more years. There’s no other alternative whatsoever.

The money is spent regardless.  Idgaf about that as doing so is pointless.  Draft someone and start developing them. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you need to be able to run situationally at a minimum.   Don’t think you need 5ypc, but you need to be able to pick up 3rd and shorts/goal.

Unless you have a great QB you need the defense to respect the run or their personnel will make it hard to succeed.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Well said, Mike

Stefanski credit

cousins had his best year without full of stuffing

watson worst years with full of stuffing 

mayfield worst year full of stuffing 

i rest my case

35 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I really like what I’ve seen from Jamari Thrash.

He should be the 4th WR over Tillman and whomever is competing for the 6th spot (David Bell?).

I think all 3 offer a different skill set that can be useful depending on the situaion.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think all 3 offer a different skill set that can be useful depending on the situaion.

I’m torn on what we should draft. Part of me says LT in round 1. Then draft a WR in round 2.

Yet a part of me wants a dynamic #1 WR. However, I don’t trust Marshmellow at all and think he needs moved to guard.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m torn on what we should draft. Part of me says LT in round 1. Then draft a WR in round 2.

Yet a part of me wants a dynamic #1 WR. However, I don’t trust Marshmellow at all and think he needs moved to guard.

I think we’ve got a whole season to figure that out. Maybe a receiver steps up and looks like a stud, maybe someone regresses, etc.

Yeah, I think some people are sleeping on Tillman. Not saying he'll turn into anything, but I haven't seen anything that would tell me he definitely won't. I thought he looked solid as he got more playing time later in the season.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus Christ he’s terrible lol 

Only reason he has a shot at making the roster is because he was a relatively high draft pick. It was alarming to me when he couldn't even make the game day roster last season until injuries really piled up.

Too bad, since I actually thought he was a solid pick at the time. But we have enough depth and talent at DT that we shouldn't waste a roster spot on him.

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Only reason he has a shot at making the roster is because he was a relatively high draft pick. It was alarming to me when he couldn't even make the game day roster last season until injuries really piled up.

Too bad, since I actually thought he was a solid pick at the time. But we have enough depth and talent at DT that we shouldn't waste a roster spot on him.

I don’t read much into rookie play, especially on a team with a veteran roster, but it was hard to ignore how they seemed to look for literally anyone else to step up.  

We have Jefferson, Harris, Hurst and Dalvin as established pros who can actually play paired with Hall who’s a far better prospect. There’s no room for a 24 year old project on the 53 imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus Christ he’s terrible lol 

Shocked he was drafted at all let alone in the third round. If he makes the team it’s solely because he was drafted.