Week 4 non-Viking games

vike daddy

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Playing Chicago in Chicago has not been kind to us lately. They have 11 days until our matchup, how they pulled a Monday night game after playing a Thursday night game is beyond me (terrible scheduling IMO). Perfect time to prepare Trubisky for his first NFL start. If that is the case we need to give him a nice welcome! :D

That is true. Unless Glennon drastically improves or Trubisky gets a shot, losing to Chicago would be hard to swallow at this point. Even in Chicago. Can't let that happen if we're legit this year. I think last year's slide began around the time we played in Chicago. Can't let that game kill momentum.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

That is true. Unless Glennon drastically improves or Trubisky gets a shot, losing to Chicago would be hard to swallow at this point. Even in Chicago. Can't let that happen if we're legit this year. I think last year's slide began around the time we played in Chicago. Can't let that game kill momentum.

I could not agree more, however, let's get through Detroit first. 

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I could not agree more, however, let's get through Detroit first. 

I don't want to be "that" guy...but divisional games are rarely easy for the Vikings.  The Bears seem to always right their ship against us!!

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree. Chicago aren't a good team, but they can play a spoiler role. If the Vikings have glaring weaknesses, they tend to come out at Soldier Field. (Even in 2009, when that glaring weakness turned out to be inconsistency on defense.) That's why I hate losing to the Bears. And why I hate the Bears too, for that matter. I can live with losing to the Packers because they're a rival worthy of respect. But getting beat by Chicago means the team didn't play to its full potential.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I agree. Chicago aren't a good team, but they can play a spoiler role. If the Vikings have glaring weaknesses, they tend to come out at Soldier Field. (Even in 2009, when that glaring weakness turned out to be inconsistency on defense.) That's why I hate losing to the Bears. And why I hate the Bears too, for that matter. I can live with losing to the Packers because they're a rival worthy of respect. But getting beat by Chicago means the team didn't play to its full potential.

The Bears are so talentless this year. They've got some good running backs, a solid OL, and a few nice players on defense, nothing worries me about that team. They don't have a Cutler or Jeffery who have the ability to take over the game.

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Soldier Field loss in 2009, cost us Home Field Advantage in NFCCG vs NOS, which likely cost us a SB appearance, which like cost us a ....

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Soldier Field loss in 2009, cost us Home Field Advantage in NFCCG vs NOS, which likely cost us a SB appearance, which like cost us a ....

and as i recall, one play in that game cost us that game - a td pass to Aromashoodoo that Winfield couldn't keep up with because he had a bum ankle.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

and as i recall, one play in that game cost us that game - a td pass to Aromashoodoo that Winfield couldn't keep up with because he had a bum ankle.

Well, that and Adrian Peterson fumbling the OT possession away. I was at that game >:(

On 9/29/2017 at 8:27 PM, CriminalMind said:

Could be, but if we have to get into that...I blame that particular loss on us, not the Bears - or the Saints for that matter. Sure, their nutbar defensive coordinator openly exhorted his players to cripple specific opponents for cash bonuses while Sean Payton looked away and whistled 'Dixie'. But the thing we can hold over the Saints for the rest of our lives is that not even the late-season slide, the Superdome, and Bountygate were enough to beat the Vikings that night. The Vikings had to beat themselves.

Whether the game had been played in New Orleans, Minneapolis, or Siberia, wouldn't have changed the fact that we were a better and more complete team than the Saints. But the better team doesn't always win, and we've all learned that lesson the hard way.

I dream of one day seeing the Vikings team that lives up to its full potential and is strong enough to avoid costly mistakes in the clutch. That team, if it ever materializes, will bring us a championship.

Archived