Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

crazy amount of 5-6 teams trying to edge bcb at 6-5 for the last playoff spot. whoever is getting the 7 seed may be a hot dangerous team for the 2 seed to battle

Standings:

RACE FOR THE 1 SEED

@swoosh- Falcons - 9-2

@Counselor - Broncos - 9-2

@bigbadbuff - Bills - 8-3

GOOD POSITION FOR PLAYOFFS

@Blue - Texans - 7-4

@Pickle Rick - Bucs - 7-4

@MWil23 - Browns - 7-4

BATTLE FOR THE LAST SPOT

@bcb1213 - Jets - 6-5

@Deadpulse - Patriots - 5-6

@rackcs - Steelers - 5-6

squire12 - Packers - 5-6

@HoboRocket - Cardinals - 5-6

@The Orca - Rams - 5-6

@daboyle250 - Buttmunchers - 5-6

OUT

@Dome - Saints - 3-8

@TLO / @mission27- Raiders - 1-10

@Forge - 49ers - 1-10

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

crazy amount of 5-6 teams trying to edge bcb at 6-5 for the last playoff spot. whoever is getting the 7 seed may be a hot dangerous team for the 2 seed to battle

it's confirmed. with russ being out, i'll slip to 2 or 3, face a hot team in round 1, and see a first round exit. 

NY at NE: Tyler Boyd getting hurt really sucks, as he was a reliable underneath YAC target for the Jets. An early fumble on a kickoff return put the Jets in excellent position to jump all over the Pats, but poor blocking consistently limited New York to field goal tries. Ultimately, it was enough as New England never got going on offense themselves while the Jets landed a couple big pass plays.

OAK at TB: Getting Brady back nearly gave the Raiders an upset opportunity against the Bucs, but they just couldn't make the plays they needed to make.

LA at ATL: I really wanted Eric Fisher to score on the slowest fumble recovery in Tecmo history, but Leonard Fournette ending up vulturing the TD instead. Russel Wilson getting hurt is a back-breaker for the Falcons' offense, but I don't recall Geno Smith being this good at running with the ball. A late field goal to take the lead seemed like an ominous prelude to an Atlanta win on a last-second touchdown drive, but the Falcons just ran out of time.

GB at BUF: The Return of Aaron Jones foretold great things for the Green Bay offense. A defensive score seconds into the game didn't hurt either. Early, it looked like Aaron Donald and Green Bay's continued turnover woes would spell doom for them, but the Packers settled in a bit after a crazy first quarter. Big plays to Marvin Jones led to a lot of quick points that Buffalo just couldn't match. Stafford's hot start remains a fond but distant memory, and they need better play from him to keep the playoff dream alive.

NO at WAS: Not a game many people would have marked as 'can't miss' a few weeks ago, and...it's still not a can't-miss game. But the Munchers still have playoff hopes, incredibly enough, so here we are. Leave it to the Washington defense to shut down the high-scoring Houston offense one week, then let Kyler Murray look like a functional football player the next. Pat Mahomes at least seems to have finally warmed up, putting points on the board at a rate that he didn't earlier in the season.

PIT at CLE: Cleveland going for it on 4th and 1 in the redzone was a ballsy move that paid off thanks to their excellent defense and ended up giving them a lead a couple plays later. A tight first half gave way to Pittsburgh clinging to an 8-point lead in the fourth quarter. One of the luckiest fumble bounces in Tecmo history gave Cleveland a shot at taking the lead, and clutch passing brought the ball into field goal range for the game-winner off the upright.

DEN at HOU: The Houston offense remains a juggernaut behind the two-headed rushing attacking of Carson Wentz and Nick Chubb. KJ Hamler did what every halfway decent running back does against the Texans and gashed them for huge gains on every play, and this started to look like another example of Houston failing to stop anyone with a halfway decent offense, then Wentz got hurt and disaster appeared imminent. However, Hurts was a big reason why PHI QBs were selected in the first place, and he performed admirably in relief. Scoring at the end of the first half and getting the ball back at the start of the second was huge as the Texans leaned on Nick Chubb (finally). Rodgers picked the worst time to have his worst game of the season, and the turnover luck in this game was ridiculous. Houston now controls their own playoff destiny.

ARI at SF: This may be San Francisco's best chance for a win before their Week 15 date with Oakland. Naturally, it wasn't ever close. Barkley had a field day rushing and the Arizona receivers beat up the DBs. Prescott couldn't even complete a checkdown to the wide-open running back. Just a disaster of an offense, and the less said about it the better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

And someone claimed that Dak wasn't the worst QB in Tecmo... 0% completion percentage. Early in the game, I was laughing at both QBs as they were throwing to covered WRs or missing wide-open ones by a mile. The difference is that Goff was able to find guys every once in a while, especially in the second half, while Dak just missed every single time. And then Tevin Coleman got hurt.

Golden Tate went from being dominating early in the season to just being okay, but I really like my run game. My run defense was embarrassed this week, though, and my pass defense has been embarrassed pretty much every other week of the season, so ultimately I stand by my prediction of 6-9.

I still argue Kyler Murray has clearly been the worst QB in this thing. He's abominable.

• Like 1

Grid look at the last 4 weeks and the remaining schedules with records of the remaining games.  I will let the "professional" odds makers put together a odds to make playoffs.  If you see errors, you probably need to get your eyes checked......or just deal with it

Owner Team week 12 week 13 week 14 week 15 record of remaining games
swoosh Falcons - 9-2 @buttmunchers broncos cardinals steelers 24 - 20
counselor Broncos - 9-2 @saints @falcons jets @patriots 23 - 21
bigbadbuff Bills - 8-3 Raiders Browns 49ers @texans 16 - 28
blue Texans - 7-4 @cardinals steelers @bucs bills 25 - 19
pickle rick Bucs - 7-4 Browns @49ers texans @saints 18 - 26
mwil Browns - 7-4 @bucs @bills raiders packers 21 - 23
bcb Jets - 6-5 @rams buttmunchers @broncos @cardinals 24 - 20
deadpulse Patriots - 5-6 @packers Rams @buttmunchers broncos 24 - 20
rackcs Steelers - 5-6 @49ers @texans saints @falcons 20 - 24
squire Packers - 5-6 Patriots raiders @rams @browns 18 - 26
hoborocket Cardinals - 5-6 Texans @saints @falcons jets 25 - 19
the orca Rams - 5-6 Jets @patriots packers buttmunchers 21 - 23
daboyle Buttmunchers - 5-6 falcons @jets patriots @rams 25 - 19
dome Saints - 3-8 Broncos cardinals @steelers bucs 26 - 18
TLO/Mission Raiders - 1-10 @Bills @packers @browns @49ers 21 - 23
Forge 49ers - 1-10 steelers Bucs @bills raiders 21 - 23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Grid look at the last 4 weeks and the remaining schedules with records of the remaining games.  I will let the "professional" odds makers put together a odds to make playoffs.  If you see errors, you probably need to get your eyes checked......or just deal with it

Owner Team week 12 week 13 week 14 week 15 record of remaining games
swoosh Falcons - 9-2 @buttmunchers broncos cardinals steelers 24 - 20
counselor Broncos - 9-2 @saints @falcons jets @patriots 23 - 21
bigbadbuff Bills - 8-3 Raiders Browns 49ers @texans 16 - 28
blue Texans - 7-4 @cardinals steelers @bucs bills 25 - 19
pickle rick Bucs - 7-4 Browns @49ers texans @saints 18 - 26
mwil Browns - 7-4 @bucs @bills raiders packers 21 - 23
bcb Jets - 6-5 @rams buttmunchers @broncos @cardinals 24 - 20
deadpulse Patriots - 5-6 @packers Rams @buttmunchers broncos 24 - 20
rackcs Steelers - 5-6 @49ers @texans saints @falcons 20 - 24
squire Packers - 5-6 Patriots raiders @rams @browns 18 - 26
hoborocket Cardinals - 5-6 Texans @saints @falcons jets 25 - 19
the orca Rams - 5-6 Jets @patriots packers buttmunchers 21 - 23
daboyle Buttmunchers - 5-6 falcons @jets patriots @rams 25 - 19
dome Saints - 3-8 Broncos cardinals @steelers bucs 26 - 18
TLO/Mission Raiders - 1-10 @Bills @packers @browns @49ers 21 - 23
Forge 49ers - 1-10 steelers Bucs @bills raiders 21 - 23

nice work. bills and bucs could sneak in for that #1 spot. remember bucs beat both falcons and broncos.