Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seems like a big time candidate to be a bad signing. I haven't watched him enough to have an opinion, but from what I've heard online, seems like maybe he's already regressing a bit?

He's athletic is pretty much it, when that starts to go he's not going to be great.  This is not worth 9ish mil, I think he's going to decline hard. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What about Johnny Hockey? Isn't he a borderline lock to sign with the Flyers since he was such a huge Flyers fan growing up.

Heard the same thing about Bobby Ryan so who knows what will happen.  I wouldn't mind it but it's certainly not what this teams needs right now.  Is he a FA after next season or is it one more?

Edited by flyers0909

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Heard the same thing about Bobby Ryan so who knows what will happen.  I wouldn't mind it but it's certainly not what this teams needs right now.  Is he a FA after next season or is it one more?

Next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

There's like 8 people that post on here and I can't recall a Toronto fan haha

okay, well i will be here by myself monday repping canadas finest (montreal in case that was too subtle for any toronto fans lurking)

Edited by Malfatron

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Yes exactly bk.  Analytic teams won't touch him, unfortunately I'm sure the archaic ownership/management in Philly will obsess over him.  

Yep. The Devils definitely aren't touching him and I'm thankful. We'll go after Dougie if he gets to UFA but we're 100% out on Jones.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

okay, well i will be here by myself monday repping canadas finest (montreal in case that was too subtle for any toronto fans lurking)

It's so hard to root for a team with Corey Perry and Gallagher on it but the Toronto meltdown is too much to pass up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. The Devils definitely aren't touching him and I'm thankful. We'll go after Dougie if he gets to UFA but we're 100% out on Jones.

I would love Dougie.  We joke about Provorov/Zacha but Provy cannot lead a top pair and is actually terrible on the PP.  I see these clowns running Ghost out of town so we need a legit top pairing D and someone who can run the PP.  I think York will be damn good but not sure he's that guy (will be good on PP, not sure can carry a top pairing).  Flyers are a solid team with Dougie and a normal Hart (eek)

Just now, flyers0909 said:

I would love Dougie.  We joke about Provorov/Zacha but Provy cannot lead a top pair and is actually terrible on the PP.  I see these clowns running Ghost out of town so we need a legit top pairing D and someone who can run the PP.  I think York will be damn good but not sure he's that guy (will be good on PP, not sure can carry a top pairing).  Flyers are a solid team with Dougie and a normal Hart (eek)

We need Dougie more than you! LOL

You guys don't have the cap space tho, right? Don't Sanheim and Hart need new deals? It's gonna take $9.5m-10.5m AAV to pull Dougie.