Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

okay hockey fans

im a montreal fan, so whos the more favorable matchup between COL and VGK?

so far im just rooting for a game 7, but should i?

Probably Vegas simply because they play a less dynamic game than the Avs do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

It will never not be hilarious that teams paid Vegas to take 2 of their best players.  I want Colorado to win because they're easily the most fun team to watch but Vegas being so good is great. 

Poor Seattle. They are the ones who are going to suffer

Unbeliavable the Avs are out. Coming into this series and even after the first 3 games, it really seemed like they were Stanley cup bound. The turn around the Knights had after game 2 is incredible. Peter DeBoer deserves a ton of credit. He outcoached Bednar. That team is stacked top to bottom and play some really disciplined and smart hockey.

With the Avs, with Makar, Landeskog and Grubbaur (sp?) all needing new contracts, they'll unfortunately lose a bit of depth. Kadri suspending himself in hindsight really did hurt them. They have an interesting offseason coming up.

God there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup playoffs

7 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Unbeliavable the Avs are out. Coming into this series and even after the first 3 games, it really seemed like they were Stanley cup bound. The turn around the Knights had after game 2 is incredible. Peter DeBoer deserves a ton of credit. He outcoached Bednar. That team is stacked top to bottom and play some really disciplined and smart hockey.

With the Avs, with Makar, Landeskog and Grubbaur (sp?) all needing new contracts, they'll unfortunately lose a bit of depth. Kadri suspending himself in hindsight really did hurt them. They have an interesting offseason coming up.

God there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup playoffs

Deboer, like lavy, is a great fit for a team like Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are going to get spare parts and just do a super sized ROR deal, aren't they?

I think they'll get a legit return. If I'm Minnesota, I'm making an incredibly hard push for him. Kings will definitely be all-in on him as well.

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Strong move, Buffalo. Burn it down. Takes guts. 

They are going to get spare parts and just do a super sized ROR deal, aren't they?

Nah the ROR level return is gonna be for Reinhart and Risto.

Eichel will get a legit return based off competition for him alone.