Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't sign a Norris caliber defenseman for $9m AAV but offer sheet a borderline replacement level forward for $6.1m AAV.

The level of petty here is off the walls glorious. They even gave the same exact press statement as Montreal have for Aho 

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol Jesus Christ

Honestly, this is kind of brilliant just to screw Montreal over. There's no way Montreal let's him walk. They can't do it. Such a hard sell to let a 21 year old 3oa go for a mediocre first and third. Doesn't matter how bad he's been

But that contract, at least for a year, is pretty damn bad given KK's play. He wouldn't get half that on a bridge deal

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, this is kind of brilliant just to screw Montreal over. There's no way Montreal let's him walk. They can't do it. Such a hard sell to let a 21 year old 3oa go for a mediocre first and third. Doesn't matter how bad he's been

But that contract, at least for a year, is pretty damn bad given KK's play. He wouldn't get half that on a bridge deal

Isn't his QO next year the same AAV as what Carolina just offered now? I could see them cutting bait tbqh. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Isn't his QO next year the same AAV as what Carolina just offered now? I could see them cutting bait tbqh. 

I think it will be now, but I'm not 100% sure. 

I believe there are a number of people who think they should take the picks. He's been pretty awful at times

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think it will be now, but I'm not 100% sure. 

I believe there are a number of people who think they should take the picks. He's been pretty awful at times

Yeah, honestly, I think I'd take the picks. He was a questionable pick at #3 and he really hasn't shown he's worth the investment. You could probably use those picks to go get someone better.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, honestly, I think I'd take the picks. He was a questionable pick at #3 and he really hasn't shown he's worth the investment. You could probably use those picks to go get someone better.

I don't think Carolina will completely crater or anything, but I don't think they are a team that projects favorably to be a final four team or division winner. Don't think the pick would be truly awful

Just now, Forge said:

I don't think Carolina will completely crater or anything, but I don't think they are a team that projects favorably to be a final four team or division winner. Don't think the pick would be truly awful

Yep and the '22 class is potentially loaded.