Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Beauvillier – 3 years, $4.15MM AAV
Cizikas – 6 years, $2.5MM AAV
Palmieri – 4 years, $5.0MM AAV
Sorokin – 3 years, $4.0MM AAV

That Palms contract is bad

I wouldn't have wanted to give it to him, but I do believe that it's fair market overall. But that's always been the problem with re-signing Palms...his market value is not something I would have wanted to give him. Give me Tatar on his contract 15 times out of 10 

• Like 1

People are going to swoon over that AAV, but he's coming off a fairly bad season due to back injuries, and I'm just all the way out on 8 years deals (ostensibly 9 years with his final year) for tall dudes with back injuries. Its a great aav while he's competent, but 100% a guy that I'd be worried is going to fall off a cliff rapidly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Damn near 6x5 for Batherson. Yeah, I take Farabee over Batherson at the same price 100x outta 100.

Ottawa's contracts are so bizarre. Like, they won't pay a lot of money to a single guy...but they'll massively overpay for middle tier or worse guys? 

Just now, Forge said:

Ottawa's contracts are so bizarre. Like, they won't pay a lot of money to a single guy...but they'll massively overpay for middle tier or worse guys? 

Yeah, I read that they were worried that Batherson could be another White, yet they give him almost the exact same deal lmao. I don't get it.

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Canadiens decline to match the offer sheet for Kotkaniemi. Smart choice. Better to get out from under a player too early than too late and they got a 1 and 3 to compensate for it.

Agreed. If they pluck Dvorak it'll be a good trade off

• Like 1