Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

I think I want to be a Devils fan. I’ve really enjoyed watching them play. 

When I was 7-8 (I’m 30 now ) I really enjoyed watching Brodeur and Scott Stevens. Idk why I stopped watching. 

young, imperfect team

Liked the atmosphere and red jerseys . 

The Seinfeld episode. 

the Ric Flair Woo! 

What kind of franchise are they like ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When I was 7-8 (I’m 30 now ) I really enjoyed watching Brodeur and Scott Stevens. Idk why I stopped watching. 

young, imperfect team

The Seinfeld episode. 

the Ric Flair Woo! 

We are the awesomest. All there is to it. 

@beekay414, thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are the awesomest. All there is to it. 

@beekay414, thoughts?

@beekay414is a Devils fan?!

I don’t want to be a Devils fan anymore ! 🤣

I still don’t know what I’m watching ( I was gonna make a list of questions to understand things more soon) but I wanted to pick a younger team.

If you had to compare them to an NFL team either by how they are now or just in general, who would you compare them to?

19 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

@beekay414is a Devils fan?!

I don’t want to be a Devils fan anymore ! 🤣

I still don’t know what I’m watching ( I was gonna make a list of questions to understand things more soon) but I wanted to pick a younger team.

If you had to compare them to an NFL team either by how they are now or just in general, who would you compare them to?

Do you mean in terms of where they are at as a team right now, or in terms of their historical, geographic relevance and whatnot? 

As a football team, it's kind of hard because there are so many more players. I kind of feel like it would be the dolphins. Younger core, can show out well but also very much underachieve 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you mean in terms of where they are at as a team right now, or in terms of their historical, geographic relevance and whatnot? 

As a football team, it's kind of hard because there are so many more players. I kind of feel like it would be the dolphins. Younger core, can show out well but also very much underachieve 

That and how like organization is run . Like are they a more stable franchise or a franchise with no stability and makes a lot of questionable moves ?

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That and how like organization is run . Like are they a more stable franchise or a franchise with no stability and makes a lot of questionable moves ?

For about 30 years they were pretty stable in the front office, but Lou always had a somewhat quick trigger with coaches.

That hasn't gone away the last decade after he left, and now we've had a bit of turnover in both. It's been an unstable decade. 

I don't think we've done a ton of questionable moves in the last 5 or 6 years. almost all have made sense, but some of them simply haven't worked. But only a couple I looked at and was confused

On 12/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

young, imperfect team

The Seinfeld episode. 

the Ric Flair Woo! 

Sigh. Another one bites the dust.