Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On 12/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

@beekay414is a Devils fan?!

I don’t want to be a Devils fan anymore ! 🤣

I still don’t know what I’m watching ( I was gonna make a list of questions to understand things more soon) but I wanted to pick a younger team.

If you had to compare them to an NFL team either by how they are now or just in general, who would you compare them to?

To answer your question, they currently remind me a ton of the LA Chargers. Good young talent in key positions mixed in with good established starters and a young head coach figuring it out. They haven't completely figured it out yet but everyone can see their potential.

14 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

To answer your question, they currently remind me a ton of the LA Chargers. Good young talent in key positions mixed in with good established starters and a young head coach figuring it out. They haven't completely figured it out yet but everyone can see their potential.

I can dig that. That’s cool with me !

15 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Chargers is a much preferred choice than the Dolphins lol 

My fantasy team is stupid lol. Only a 10 teamer but still...

Forwards
Leon Draisaitl
Jonathan Huberdeau
Ryan O'Reilly
Mark Scheifele
Jack Hughes
Jonathan Marchessault
Timo Meier
Vladimir Tarasenko
Rickard Rackell
Dylan Larkin
Mats Zuccarello
Pavel Buchnevich

Defense
Adam Fox
Roman Josi
Dougie Hamilton
Zach Werenski
Miro Heiskanen
Tyson Barrie
Mario Ferraro

Goalies
Jacob Markstrom
Frederik Anderson
Ilya Sorokin

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Benning in "save my job" mode. 

Hiring the guy that can certainly get them to the playoffs, but not giving a damn what happens once they are there. 

Benning thinking making the playoffs gives him a little bit more of a leash lol 

Two things:

1. Did Green get officially fired yet?

2. Word is this move was made without Benning's input. Which begs the question, why tf are you hiring a coach when you are going to replace your GM anyway. Most GMs like to have their own head coach.

What a mess. I love it.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Two things:

1. Did Green get officially fired yet?

2. Word is this move was made without Benning's input. Which begs the question, why tf are you hiring a coach when you are going to replace your GM anyway. Most GMs like to have their own head coach.

What a mess. I love it.

Wow, really? I hadn't heard that. Makes sense as to why moves haven't been made by Vancouver. There was also talk that other teams felt that Benning may not have the green light to make moves which is why calls on Horvat weren't being returned. 

God, it really is a hot mess. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wow, really? I hadn't heard that. Makes sense as to why moves haven't been made by Vancouver. There was also talk that other teams felt that Benning may not have the green light to make moves which is why calls on Horvat weren't being returned. 

God, it really is a hot mess. 

Benning was just let go

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I think I'm just going to post AV/Fletcher gifs until they get fired.

Well that was easy!  AV/Therrien are out.  Still so many problems that go higher than even Fletcher but this is a good start.  Although this most likely just means someone like Tocchet. 

• Like 1