Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Panthers are going hard after Chychrun. Rumored package is something like Knight, Lundell, $$$ filler and a 1. That's ludicrous.

Also says the Rangers are in on him.

I don't mind moving Knight because of the volatility on goalies as they progress, but moving Lundell would be a terrible mistake. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't mind moving Knight because of the volatility on goalies as they progress, but moving Lundell would be a terrible mistake. 

It's a ridiculous price to pay but Chychrun is only 23 and on a real nice deal for a few more years. He fits their window. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Kravtsov, Schneider and a 1st? Probably not good enough but who knows with the Yotes.

With Kakko needing a new deal, I wonder if he's not in the conversation as opposed to Schneider wtih their cap constraints. I know they can bridge KK for relatively cheap but Chychrun has a lot of value. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would they give up Laffy?

I don't think so. I think it's too soon. His underlyings at 5 on 5 are pretty good (or at least they were).  KK has had some nominal improvement, but nearly 3 years in and he looks like a possession holding, 20 point, bottom 6 guy. At this point, you'd want to see more, I think.