Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't give me Boston in round 1 and I'm pretty happy. 

Tampa gets Buffalo and Carolina to finish the season while Boston gets Ottawa and Florida. If we finish ahead of Philly, we're likely getting Boston. If those games go they way I expect them to go, we'd have to lose to Washington and have the Flyers beat the Rags. I just don't want Boston. Would be the least enjoyable series we could have. We probably aren't getting out of the first round regardless (you never know though) so I want an entertaining series. I think Boston ends in a 4-0 sweep. Tampa? 4-2 win for the Lightning but in a fun series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Tampa gets Buffalo and Carolina to finish the season while Boston gets Ottawa and Florida. If we finish ahead of Philly, we're likely getting Boston. If those games go they way I expect them to go, we'd have to lose to Washington and have the Flyers beat the Rags. I just don't want Boston. Would be the least enjoyable series we could have. We probably aren't getting out of the first round regardless (you never know though) so I want an entertaining series. I think Boston ends in a 4-0 sweep. Tampa? 4-2 win for the Lightning but in a fun series.

Only way you can play someone from another division this year is if you finish 8th. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

God damnit I didn't know the Panthers had Buffalo on Saturday.  We need to beat the Rangers. 

But they get Boston one more time, and Boston could still have something to play for. 

12 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, because this is gravy at this point for me, and I'm keeping my expectations low, I more or less just want an entertaining series. I think right now we are in line to play Washington. not a team we have done well against, but a fun series nonetheless. I could see a really fun series with Tampa, Washington or Pitt (though obviously that would be later in the playoffs at this point, I'm pretty sure) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, because this is gravy at this point for me, and I'm keeping my expectations low, I more or less just want an entertaining series. I think right now we are in line to play Washington. not a team we have done well against, but a fun series nonetheless. I could see a really fun series with Tampa, Washington or Pitt (though obviously that would be later in the playoffs at this point, I'm pretty sure) 

You guys could get PIT if you get an extra point over Columbus in the last game of the season.  You guys could even knock PIT down into the wild card with a win and PIT loss. 

So many scenarios heading into the final weekend. 

16 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Only way you can play someone from another division this year is if you finish 8th. 

I know. That's what I'm saying. We'd have to lose to Washington, you'd have to beat NYR and the Lightning would need to win out.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

According to ESPN, we are in line to play Boston I thought? or is ESPN just dumb?

EDIT - NVM. ESPN just changed it. Washington it is.

Edited by bkobow05

bobrovsky faced only three shots on the power play, but two of them managed to brush twine

provided we don't somehow lose to ottawa in regulation that's home ice round one and washington in round two... so to the ECF we go!! LGP!!

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Oh, you said "if we finish ahead of Philly, we're likely getting Boston". 

Yeah, that's my bad. I was going based on ESPN projected playoff matchups. Never really know the damn rules anymore with the WC ****.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, that's my bad. I was going based on ESPN projected playoff matchups. Never really know the damn rules anymore with the WC ****.

Yeah, it's almost like you were thinking logically and that the two best teams in the conference would play the 7 and 8 seeds.  NHL is so stupid sometimes. 

• Like 2