Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 minute ago, Forge said:

These prices are insane. The roster player was Vaak (though the Ducks had to take back Moore) 

Exactly and Severson has another damn year, is younger than Lindholm, is a right hand shot and is flat out better. 

We need to float him. If we don't, I'll be pissed at Fitzy for a very long time, especially if we end up with a weak return next deadline or extend him.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Exactly and Severson has another damn year, is younger than Lindholm, is a right hand shot and is flat out better. 

We need to float him. If we don't, I'll be pissed at Fitzy for a very long time, especially if we end up with a weak return next deadline or extend him.

What bugs me about these rental prices is that it's going to set the bar so high for Severson I just don't know if anyone will pay it. Because Fitz has to believe he's going to get these kind of returns next year for him which I think makes the ask on this year prohibitive. 

He should definitely be floating Graves out there for a nice profit after half a year. There's no way Graves isn't returning a first + with some of these prices. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I think he actually had a nmc so maybe it was entirely his call

Yeah it was his call.  Sounds like COL/BOS/one other team I can't remember that put together potentially better offers but I know he wanted to stay on the east coast.  I'm fine with it, Florida is super fun to watch.

Just really hope we didn't settle for Tippett and a 2nd.

Edited by flyers0909

7 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Yeah it was his call.  Sounds like COL/BOS/one other team I can't remember that put together potentially better offers but I know he wanted to stay on the east coast.  I'm fine with it, Florida is super fun to watch.

Just really hope we didn't settle for Tippett and a 2nd.

Sounds like a 24 first 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If Florida doesn't win it all this year, they have little to no ammo to go after it again. No first until 2025. In reality, their assets start and end with Knight and Mackie. 

Sounds like they have avoided talking Knight with anyone so far, but at some point, it's going to make sense for them to maybe involve him in something.