Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Gavin McKenna's the next big time hockey prospect, yeah? Kid's only allowed to play 5 games in the WHL because he's still just 14 but he's played one game and it was a 4 assist effort lmao.

I think the next one is Misa (age 15) and then McKenna the year after. 

• Like 1

Just now, mattyice0401 said:

He was granted exceptional status no? Also isnt a huge for being so young?

Yes, but I am sure that McKenna will get it next year. 

I think Misa is the 8th player to get it, though it's only been around for less than 20 years (before that, players like Jason Spezza could play in the OHL at age 15 for their hometown team, but it otherwise wasn't allowed I believe).  They tend to work out pretty well historically in terms of the NHL (Sean Day the exception with Bedard / Wright unknowns). Misa is more than a ppg player and he's pacing for an absurd 89 points in 68 games, which would pretty much crush the record for 15 year olds in the ohl (Tavares had 77 in 65) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Forge said:

I think the next one is Misa (age 15) and then McKenna the year after. 

What about Bill Zonnon? Just turned 16 a month ago and is putting up a PPG in the QMJHL. I know Michael Misa is the big time prospect for that draft but could Zonnon push Jordan Gavin and be a legit contender for #2 overall? He's already 6'1" 180 and his hockey IQ is apparently off the charts for a 16 year old despite being an overall raw hockey player. Seems like there's some major upside to be had in that kid too.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

What about Bill Zonnon? Just turned 16 a month ago and is putting up a PPG in the QMJHL. I know Michael Misa is the big time prospect for that draft but could Zonnon push Jordan Gavin and be a legit contender for #2 overall? He's already 6'1" 180 and his hockey IQ is apparently off the charts for a 16 year old despite being an overall raw hockey player. Seems like there's some major upside to be had in that kid too.

I don't see why not. If you're a big kid who can skate, you're always going to get be up there. And Misa may still not go #1. 3 years ago, everyone would have thought we were crazy if we said Shane Wright was going to go #4 in his draft lol