Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I know. Send Kingston a fat check and call it GG. Dumb rule especially considering he hasn’t played with them this year. 

I think it's really just the NHL treating the chl with respect as a league. 

They are ostensibly treating them the same as the professional leagues in other countries. The shl has a similar requirement, though it's more nuanced. Basically if you're a non first round pick, under the age of 24, you can't be sent to the ahl if you're under contract in the shl. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If it was anyone but the Leafs, the NHL makes that a penalty. I'll laugh if someone from a crappy team does it and the NHL penalizes or fines their goalie.

Meanwhile the ref judgment also gives them this goal against Buffalo earlier this week

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If it was anyone but the Leafs, the NHL makes that a penalty. I'll laugh if someone from a crappy team does it and the NHL penalizes or fines their goalie.

I don't believe that. I know everyone thinks Maple Leafs get pref treatment but I've never seen it and if so they are doing a terrible job at it. This is just bad reffing