Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

24 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

We have Damon Severson playing Right Wing...

I have no idea why we decided to go with 7 defensemen in this game. I wanted to add skill players. Our defense sucks no matter who is out there, may as well put our best offensive foot forward...this is the exact opposite of what I wanted lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Welp, that line continues to destroy the Devils. Not a good start to the game. Devils just a bit outclassed so far. 

I wanna know why Greene was skating AWAY from Point there. Beyond dumb. He's toast and John Moore isn't good either. We're not quite where we need to be but we've made significant positive progress. Just need to fix this blue line now.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I wanna know why Greene was skating AWAY from Point there. Beyond dumb. He's toast and John Moore isn't good either. We're not quite where we need to be but we've made significant positive progress. Just need to fix this blue line now.

I'm okay with Greene sticking around. He doesn't have the wheels any more, but he's still intelligent...don't see him make nearly the mistakes that the others do, particularly mental lapses in the middle of the ice in front of the net. But yeah, I would have preferred he challenge there. 

Moore should be gone...I think we may keep that in house though and go with Santini as his replacement. Lovejoy is best served as the 7th D, so we should still sign a guy. Severson isn't well loved by Hynes at this point in my opinion, so I dont know what's going to happen there. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm okay with Greene sticking around. He doesn't have the wheels any more, but he's still intelligent...don't see him make nearly the mistakes that the others do, particularly mental lapses in the middle of the ice in front of the net. But yeah, I would have preferred he challenge there. 

Moore should be gone...I think we may keep that in house though and go with Santini as his replacement. Lovejoy is best served as the 7th D, so we should still sign a guy. Severson isn't well loved by Hynes at this point in my opinion, so I dont know what's going to happen there. 

I want Greene at less of a cap hit. He's not worth $5 Million a year. He won't restructure and we have space so I doubt that changes but, he's just not worth what he's paid. Moore is definitely gone and Santini is definitely the in-house replacement. As far as Severson goes, I really have no idea what to expect. Will be 24 this summer, is still a below average defender and just signed a 6 year, $25 Million extension. Do we trade him? In this draft, I'd deal him for a draft pick in an instant, even an early 2nd. Someone would be willing to give him a chance, especially one of the non-playoff teams. Maybe Detroit for one of their early 2nds or Edmonton for #40?

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I want Greene at less of a cap hit. He's not worth $5 Million a year. He won't restructure and we have space so I doubt that changes but, he's just not worth what he's paid. Moore is definitely gone and Santini is definitely the in-house replacement. As far as Severson goes, I really have no idea what to expect. Will be 24 this summer, is still a below average defender and just signed a 6 year, $25 Million extension. Do we trade him? In this draft, I'd deal him for a draft pick in an instant, even an early 2nd. Someone would be willing to give him a chance, especially one of the non-playoff teams. Maybe Detroit for one of their early 2nds or Edmonton for #40?

If we are trading with Edmonton, I'm sure that we can get McDavid for Severson as a 1 for 1 :D

• Like 1