Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM. They love collecting bad people riddled with controversy lol.

Was expected the moment they tried to sweep that announcement under the rug during free agency. Hope McDavid leaves when he's up for a new contract. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oilers hire Stan Bowman as GM. They love collecting bad people riddled with controversy lol.

NHL continues to be a poverty league full of cowards

• Like 2

Jeff Marek apparently leaving 32 thoughts and sportsnet for "unconfirmed draft reasons". Have no idea what that means. 

Marek and elliotte were awesome though

23 hours ago, Forge said:

Jeff Marek apparently leaving 32 thoughts and sportsnet for "unconfirmed draft reasons". Have no idea what that means. 

Marek and elliotte were awesome though

Yeah that is a huge change up. I wonder what the heck happened with Jeff to totally go radio silent for the past month or so. No content on podcast, Twitter, nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Forge said:

Holy moly!

Shots fired by Army! this came out of LF, but I love it. You're talking about getting both/either an early 20's former top 10 picks that have already gone through the 3-year development window, have now been battle tested through a SC playoff run. Edmonton did all the heavy lifting here already. 

The contracts being tendered are very reasonable and especially on the Broberg side, he has top (4) potential. he even showed it during the SC playoffs. 

I'll be shocked if Edmonton matches Broberg. Holloway they could make it work, but still o they do that when they need the money in so many other areas. 

Teams are usually afraid to go the offer sheet route because of the potential retaliation of that team in the future, but this is the perfect team to do it to. Edmonton is in cap hell right now and it's only going to be worse in next few years with what they have coming up on deals. That probably precludes them from the retaliation. 

11 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Shots fired by Army! this came out of LF, but I love it. You're talking about getting both/either an early 20's former top 10 picks that have already gone through the 3-year development window, have now been battle tested through a SC playoff run. Edmonton did all the heavy lifting here already. 

The contracts being tendered are very reasonable and especially on the Broberg side, he has top (4) potential. he even showed it during the SC playoffs. 

I'll be shocked if Edmonton matches Broberg. Holloway they could make it work, but still o they do that when they need the money in so many other areas. 

Teams are usually afraid to go the offer sheet route because of the potential retaliation of that team in the future, but this is the perfect team to do it to. Edmonton is in cap hell right now and it's only going to be worse in next few years with what they have coming up on deals. That probably precludes them from the retaliation. 

Agreed. I think they land broberg and Edmonton finds a way to match Holloway. 

Can't believe we got not one, but two offer sheets lol

• Like 1