Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Is he any good? Seemed like he was solid when he was with the Wild early on but I pretty much only watch the Avs.

He's not awful. He was good for a spell at the end of the season with the Devils last year. 

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's not awful. He was good for a spell at the end of the season with the Devils last year. 

Sounds like an improvement from what we’ve got already lol.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Colorado's roster without Landeskog, Nichushkin and Lehkonen is pretty brutal. 

We’ve basically got the first lin. I almost wish we would split up MacKinnon and Rantanen. That second line in the first game seemed more interested in passing than putting the puck on net, especially Middlestadt. Rantanen is going to shoot any chance he gets and I think he’d fit in well with Middlestadt who is a pass first guy. 

Sucks that we lost Drouin too although I’m interested in seeing what Kovalenko does with Mac and Rantanen.

Ritchie is exciting too. I think he needs to build up some confidence, but I think he’ll stick with the big club this year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

We’ve basically got the first lin. I almost wish we would split up MacKinnon and Rantanen. That second line in the first game seemed more interested in passing than putting the puck on net, especially Middlestadt. Rantanen is going to shoot any chance he gets and I think he’d fit in well with Middlestadt who is a pass first guy. 

Sucks that we lost Drouin too although I’m interested in seeing what Kovalenko does with Mac and Rantanen.

Ritchie is exciting too. I think he needs to build up some confidence, but I think he’ll stick with the big club this year.

The bottom six just looks awful tho. Same with the 3rd pair and it's not like you guys have a goalie to lean on. I just hope all those guys get right, healthy and come back. The game is better when the Avs are legit cup contenders.

Plus, we owe you guys for 2001. Would be great beating y'all for a Cup. GDY Ray Bourque.