Titans, Derrick Henry nearing long-term deal

titans0021

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I remember hearing from someone other than the Guy that knows someone that knows someone that works for CAA. And the number for Henry was $20 million. He thought it was $20 mil per year, which of course was crazy stupid wrong.

I assume it was $20 mil was the starting offer from the Titans for guarantee money. 

Well we paid Tanny and Henry. 
Everyone wins.

Now will we get to have a season?  lol

Speaking of which? Anything new from the guy? The Clowney wait is killing me.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Speaking of which? Anything new from the guy? The Clowney wait is killing me.

It's been all quiet. Them working out of the building has really put a hurting on the news from there. And seems like there hasn't been much to report. Maybe something will come out in the next week or so with the season kicking up. 

32 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m no cap expert or anything, but this truly feels like the best case scenario for both sides.

It just feels like another move has to be coming. Between the Casey trade and the $7 million increase in cap hit from 2020 to 2021 in this contract, we have to be planning on using this space on something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It just feels like another move has to be coming. Between the Casey trade and the $7 million increase in cap hit from 2020 to 2021 in this contract, we have to be planning on using this space on something.

I truly think it's Clowney.
The guy was pretty confident but eh...shall see. 
I know I heard Robinson say he wants to see him in person first. 

21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/derrick-henry-among-top-10-rbs-exceeding-expected-rushing-yards

But hey, his productivity can be replaced by any third round pick.

the only running back in the entire league to post a rushing yards over expectation per attempt of more than 1 yard (1.05) in 2019. Only 10 running backs in the entire league posted a rate of 0.55 yards or better, and only two were even within 0.25 yards on average of Henry's mark. He was really damn good in 2019, running behind an offensive line that was adequate, but not quite 1,521-rushing-yards-in-a-season good. No, those extra 314 yards between expectation and reality were all Henry's doing. He's the rushing king in more ways than one, and his ROYE per attempt of 1.08 in 2018 proves he's not just a one-hit wonder.

So thats probably around 1.06-1.07 for the past couple of seasons... but people kept saying we shouldn't sign him cuz RBs blah blah blah.  I expect Henry to continue his elite level performance for at least the next 2 years.  

And I'll continue saying that his value isn't defined just by his stats.... which are outstanding since the infamous talk with EG.  This guy brings so much more to the team than any other RB in the league currently.  He's the leader in the clubhouse, his dedication to improving himself and his his commitment to his team is without question, and his appeal and relatability with the fanbase is outstanding.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So thats probably around 1.06-1.07 for the past couple of seasons... but people kept saying we shouldn't sign him cuz RBs blah blah blah.  I expect Henry to continue his elite level performance for at least the next 2 years.  

And I'll continue saying that his value isn't defined just by his stats.... which are outstanding since the infamous talk with EG.  This guy brings so much more to the team than any other RB in the league currently.  He's the leader in the clubhouse, his dedication to improving himself and his his commitment to his team is without question, and his appeal and relatability with the fanbase is outstanding.  

As I kept saying a RB can be replace a dime a dozen only for teams that have elite QB talent. Henry to valuable to our team o agree 100 % wit you