The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

41 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I wanted Penix but had 4 QBs hence trying to move Jones.  I almost dropped him just to pick up Penix but wasnt sure of the rules on that.  Shocked he lasted this long in a super flex league that has rosters this deep. 

Penix is an interesting case as he will very likely sit for a couple years, so while the rosters might seem deep (I don't think they really are), he will be taking up a roster spot with virtually no change of being an option to start in any weeks for injuries or byes.

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Penix is an interesting case as he will very likely sit for a couple years, so while the rosters might seem deep (I don't think they really are), he will be taking up a roster spot with virtually no change of being an option to start in any weeks for injuries or byes.

I think when they are 4-6 this year he will start this year for the rest of the year.  Cousins is old and coming of a major injury and teams dont invest top 10 picks into guys to sit for two or three years.  Especially if they suck and I fully expect them to suck still. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think when they are 4-6 this year he will start this year for the rest of the year.  Cousins is old and coming of a major injury and teams dont invest top 10 picks into guys to sit for two or three years.  Especially if they suck and I fully expect them to suck still. 

Then why invest in Cousins with such a significant amount of capital?

25 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Then why invest in Cousins with such a significant amount of capital?

If you look at the way it's structured they structured it to cut him in 2 years. Yes it would be 35M dead cap but its a backloaded deal.

So if Penix doesn't work out he's still under contract. If he does they cut after 2025.

Not the greatest approach but it's not as bad as people think 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

They did that before they knew Penix would be available to them in the draft.  And he can be traded, which I bet he will be next offseason. 

With that draft board, who didn't know that Penix would be available? Who was picking Penix before 8?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At this point in the draft, Penix to me was worth the risk of him sitting 2+ years. I am currently keeping 3 QBs, its possible Stafford retires after this year and like it already was said its possible he starts earlier than that. 

You all could very well be correct. I guess I view it moreso as very strange strategy by ATL and I do for fantasy football especially at at this point in the draft. A lot of people drafted at this point don't stay on rosters that long anyway a lot of seasons so why not?

32 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

With that draft board, who didn't know that Penix would be available? Who was picking Penix before 8?

If they had Penix as their #2 or 3 QB, they very likely could have not expected him there at 8. Also Kirk Cousins signed March 13. At that time Jayden Daniels was not in the mix at 2 or 3 and Penix was projected as a top 3 QB at that time.  There also was concern that the Giants or Titans would have gone QB or the Raiders, broncos or Vikings moving up in front of them for a QB.  

Also, there was 2 months of scouting after they signed Cousins and could have fallen in love with Penix after they signed Cousins.  

All I do know, is if a first round QB is good, they rarely sit the bench especially ones drafted in the top 10.  Its very rare that the 38 year old QB coming off an achillies injury holds down the future at QB.  If the Falcons are not in the playoff picture with Cousins, I guarantee that Penix will get reps/starts.  If they are winning their division with Kirk, they likely keep him on the sidelines.  

Penix was good enough in camp and in the one pre-season game that they kept him out of the rest because they don't want the fans and media seeing him do great and force them to bench Cousins.  But I truly think that Cousins will have a hard time holding him off given I didn't love Cousins before the injury and I dont think he will be as good after it.  

My draft done. And I’m happy with my additions 

QB J. Daniels belive has too 10 upside as a rookie

RB. R. Davis(buff) is cook the guy

W. Ship (phi) could emerge as a sproles role even with Barkley

J. Mason (sf) if cmc goes down he is the 2nd string

WR. M. Nabers (nyg) will be top option 

M. Williams (nyj) Rodgers needs another weapon to throw to 

J. Palmer (sd) Herbert has to throw to somebody and he has chemistry 

• Like 1

Done as well.

QB- Caleb Williams

RB- Tyrone Tracy, Ty Chandler, Keaton Mitchell

WR- Keon Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, Romeo Doubs

Big down year for RBs in the draft so I didn't come away with anyone super impressive, but I like the upside of Tracy and Mitchell even if Mitchell sits for a large portion of this season.

I needed some WRs otf, so coming away with both Coleman and Mitchell was big. Doubs has a lot of ability too but isn't in a good situation for fantasy. I doubt he reups with GB after '25 so maybe there is some long term hope for a better landing spot.