The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

Going to move things here to make it easier for me to update the OP and title.

@winitall, @persiandud, @Bigbear72, @nagahide13, @JaguarCrazy2832. @Oregon Ducks, @jcrell623, @HvacRaider, @Lionized

This should be our draft order.   Order determined by: 

non playoff teams regular season record with tie breaker based on points scored.  

Playoff teams based on order of finish.    Please let me know if there are any issues with this.  

order team name  (new name in parenthesis) owner
1 Licence to Khalil bigbear
2 Team Johnson JaguarCrazy
3 Flexecutioners (Detroit Trash Pandas) Lionized
4 OD's Oregon Ducks
5 PDX Nagahide
6 Show me the Money Persiandud
7 Lunatics (JC TBD) jcrell626
8 Gremlins squire
9 all might (california Tinknockers) hvacRaider
10 winitall Winitall

We are considering some modifications/changes to the following

1.  number of keepers
2.  roster spots
3.  COVID 2020 special increase in IR slots

We are open to other suggestions as well.   Possible things could be eliminating Kickers and D/ST 

Edited by squire12

Jcrell623* not 6

i would vote not to eliminate k and dst. They are dumb but Fantasy football would feel gimmicky without. 

Extra covid IR or a “taxi” slot or two would be great. We could accomplish the same by just increasing roster size by a spot. 

I’m pretty ok w keepers at 12

here are my thoughts.

I would vote to eliminate K and D/ST.   rarely do owners keep them through the bye week, so they are mostly streaming type positions and have next to 0 trade value

Keepers:   I would like to increase the number of keepers up to 15, up from the current 12.  Doing so in small increments over 2 years.   Could start in 2020 or 2021

Roster spots:   I would like to increase from 18 up to 24.  If K and D/ST are eliminated, then the rosters spots could go down to 22.  Again, this would be incremental over 2 years.

COVID IR for 2020:   increase by 2, in an ideal world, the added 2 would be exclusively for players out due to COVID, but I am not sure if the site will have that stipulation  and policing that could/would be a PITA.  I just don't want a team that gets hit with a few COVID players and other IR to have to drop a player that they otherwise would not just to pick up a player to start due to a bye week.  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

here are my thoughts.

I would vote to eliminate K and D/ST.   rarely do owners keep them through the bye week, so they are mostly streaming type positions and have next to 0 trade value

Keepers:   I would like to increase the number of keepers up to 15, up from the current 12.  Doing so in small increments over 2 years.   Could start in 2020 or 2021

Roster spots:   I would like to increase from 18 up to 24.  If K and D/ST are eliminated, then the rosters spots could go down to 22.  Again, this would be incremental over 2 years.

COVID IR for 2020:   increase by 2, in an ideal world, the added 2 would be exclusively for players out due to COVID, but I am not sure if the site will have that stipulation  and policing that could/would be a PITA.  I just don't want a team that gets hit with a few COVID players and other IR to have to drop a player that they otherwise would not just to pick up a player to start due to a bye week.  

24 way too many. I could get behind another 2 or 4 spots but 6 is a lot

I think there should be some form of retainer for Covid. 

K/DST I’m indifferent. Would you increase flex options for starting lineups? 

I would like to see a small increase in roster size, keepers. However, I do agree 24 seems a bit much. 

Starting lineup suggestion 

2QB

3RB

4WR

2TE

2OP

with the elimination of k/dst 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Think of it as the current roster + 45 rookies and another 15 veterans that are on the waiver wire.  

45 rookies is a ton when only 78 fantasy-eligible players were drafted and that number includes probably 50 with no short or long-term fantasy relevance.

My thoughts:

Increase roster spots by 2 in 2020, with keepers going from 12 to 13 and the rookie draft going from 6 to 7 rounds. Yearly discussion on whether to continue to expand or stay neutral.

We can keep K and D/ST or eliminate them, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

One extra IR spot for the year to help with COVID.

Part of why I want to expand rosters is because of the limited number of transactions that have happened in past years. In the first two years of the league, I feel like we only have had a handful of trades and even the add/drop has been pretty dead. My hypothesis has been that this has been caused because of a lack of roster spots in comparison to the amount of teams. Having only 10 teams, there are a lot of quality players on every team and it is not hard to find 12 keepers or a full roster. As a result, nobody wants to drop anyone or make 2 for 1 trades because they don't want to drop a quality player. It would be nice to spark some more movement and I think increasing rosters might help with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

I think there should be some form of retainer for Covid.

I agree, just not sure that ESPN will have that specific option

K/DST I’m indifferent. Would you increase flex options for starting lineups?

I would be open to swapping out K and DST for some combination of 2 flex spots.

I would like to see a small increase in roster size, keepers. However, I do agree 24 seems a bit much. 

There are a lot of players on the FA/Waiver wire that should be rostered.   several that scored  8+ points per game last season

Starting lineup suggestion 

2QB

3RB

4WR

2TE

2OP

with the elimination of k/dst 

Current starters: 

1QB
2 RB
2WR
1TE
1 Superflex (OP)
1 RB/WR
1 flex
K
DST

I would replace the K and DST and add a 3rd WR and another Flex.    Increasing to 2QB and a superflex when there is a limit on rostering 3 QB makes it really tough with injuries or byes.  

8 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

45 rookies is a ton when only 78 fantasy-eligible players were drafted and that number includes probably 50 with no short or long-term fantasy relevance.

part of the later rookie is the finding of a gem in the later rounds.  with an increase in keepers, some of those later round players have a chance to stick on a roster and may become something.  

I get the theory behind it. However, I just don’t see the benefit of having 24 players on a roster when you are only starting 11 players in a 10 team league. I feel you should be looking for higher output than 8 pts a player. Also, the challenge of drafting and working the waiver wire would be eliminated if you can sit on 13 bench players and wait for one to work out. 

I can get behind the 24 players just need to utilize a deeper starting lineup to go along with it. 

I also, can get behind your starting lineup change with the removal of DST/K 

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

part of the later rookie is the finding of a gem in the later rounds.  with an increase in keepers, some of those later round players have a chance to stick on a roster and may become something.  

I don’t disagree but 6 additional roster spots feels like a lot is all. I wouldn’t mind 4 and can even get behind getting rid of k/DST. 

im all for increasing starting lineups by 1wr and 1 flex

6 minutes ago, Lionized said:

I get the theory behind it. However, I just don’t see the benefit of having 24 players on a roster when you are only starting 11 players in a 10 team league. I feel you should be looking for higher output than 8 pts a player. Also, the challenge of drafting and working the waiver wire would be eliminated if you can sit on 13 bench players and wait for one to work out. 

I can get behind the 24 players just need to utilize a deeper starting lineup to go along with it. 

I also, can get behind your starting lineup change with the removal of DST/K 

I get that 8 points a player is not a lot, but that is only 2-3 PPG less than Mostert, Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel, Kerryon Johnson, David Montgomery, Dede Westbrook type players.

I agree on the increase in starters would be good with an increase in roster size and keepers.

This discussion is good as it will increase the overall health of the league

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

I don’t disagree but 6 additional roster spots feels like a lot is all. I wouldn’t mind 4 and can even get behind getting rid of k/DST. 

im all for increasing starting lineups by 1wr and 1 flex

I understand it feels like a lot.   Phased in, maybe there is not that many that would/should be rostered, so after an increase in 2-3, maybe it is less needed.  I just see players that are on the waiver wire that really should not be there due to the limited roster size.   as @winitall with so much talent on the waiver wire, there is really no trading that happens in season or out of season.