The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

It is interesting that Wilson fell so far, I feel like in this league to fall that far you're almost willing to just draft him even if you dont love him because if you're wrong he's very valuable here. I think I did the same in the USMC draft with Josh Allen, didnt think he'd be any good at all but I feel like he fell very far

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Question...do we HAVE to keep 10 guys? Like in Jcrell's instance, if Wentz got hurt earlier, he wouldnt have kept him and if Harry was the next best, lets be honest he isnt worth keeping in a 16 team league. could he have rolled into the draft with 9 keepers?

How much earlier does the injury have to happen? His surgery was 3 days before the deadline, with the injury happening a few days before that.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

How much earlier does the injury have to happen? His surgery was 3 days before the deadline, with the injury happening a few days before that.

In my situation this was more user error than unfairness. I tried to swap out wentz for another keeper but msutve forgotten to press save. I’m not complaining about the injury relative to the timing. 

I think this does serve as a time to reconsider the position max limits. Not every team should have 3 bona fide starters and there’s a handful of guys that won’t but should be rostered in a keeper league…

I do understand not keeping a 3rd qb if you plan to draft one, but there are lots of qbs we should be able to take late round fliers on 

14 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

In my situation this was more user error than unfairness. I tried to swap out wentz for another keeper but msutve forgotten to press save. I’m not complaining about the injury relative to the timing. 

I think this does serve as a time to reconsider the position max limits. Not every team should have 3 bona fide starters and there’s a handful of guys that won’t but should be rostered in a keeper league…

I do understand not keeping a 3rd qb if you plan to draft one, but there are lots of qbs we should be able to take late round fliers on 

With only 12 keepers, that 4th QB is less valuable to roster all season

7 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

Can we start assigning picked players To their teams? Would be helpful to more easily see who’s avail as we get to later rounds 

just finished doing this on ESPN.  Please double check to make sure I didn't miss anything

Would we even be having this discussion if I had taken Wilson at 1.7, or if Jimmy G or Wentz (the only 2 QBs named as droppable for Wilson) were not kept?

My issue with 4 is that we could very conceivably be at the 41st QB available in season if a QB goes down. Who is comfortable picking up Jake Browning or Kyle Trask to play?

Edited by Hagar

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Would we even be having this discussion if I had taken Wilson at 1.7, or if Jimmy G or Wentz (the only 2 QBs named as stoppable for Wilson) were not kept?

My issue with 4 is that we could very conceivably be at the 41st QB available in season if a QB goes down. Who is comfortable picking up Jake Browning or Kyle Trask to play?

It’s not like one can’t start another position player in the super flex… and we can still start at most 2qbs 

10 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

We should have the option to have more than 1 bench qb, especially if taking a flier on a young guy w no short term shot but potential 

Then let's put some sort of condition on a 4th. For example...can't keep 4 or can't draft a 4th until "x" round.

54 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Then let's put some sort of condition on a 4th. For example...can't keep 4 or can't draft a 4th until "x" round.

There might be some options for this.  I don't like a 1 season transition to a 4 QB rosterable.  Picks have been made for multiple years based on a 3 QB limit.

1.  If you keep 3 QB, you can't draft a 4th QB.  Could be absolute or until x round

2.  If you keep 2, then you could draft 2 more.  But with some restrictions on when a 4th is draftable

Maybe that is not overly helpful, just tossing out ideas