The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

8 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

It isn't maxed out right now. Half the teams only have 2 QBs and a couple have 1.

There are 3 teams that desperately need a QB starter and 1 that could potentially use the upgrade. Teams like Bigbear have 2 really elite/good young starters so might not want to invest early capital, though BB made a good move with Fields.

The need and supply are there, but it looks like Wilson just free-fell due to circumstance.

It’s really interesting how our perspectives change year to year in terms of what falling means to. Last year, I got Burrow at 8! Tua went 2.01 and Herbert lasted all the way to 3.07! This year was actually surprising in how much emphasis was placed on drafting a QB. 

On 7/23/2020 at 8:09 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont like the change in # of keepers

Fine with increasing total roster spots

On 7/24/2020 at 5:38 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What purpose does it really serve? Also I hate making any rule/settings changes in keeper/dynasty leagues after the 1st draft. 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:21 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Having less keepers creates more parity. Imagine a playoff caliber team only being able to keep half their players, lesser teams will be able to drop lesser players they had all last year and pick up players that were better(not kept from the better teams) than they had in those spots last year

I just dont see the point in changing any previously set rules in any non-redraft league

On 7/24/2020 at 7:33 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True I'm just making the point that making teams keep a larger # of players hurts lesser teams moreso than good ones.

I agree that the whole point of a dynasty is to keep building on last years success but the point is changing the rules after drafting isn't the right way of doing it

On 7/24/2020 at 7:38 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed, I dont want a re-draft either. And despite saying everyone keeping fewer players helps lesser teams, I still maintain I dont want that to happen either. Keep everything the way we left it

On 7/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, squire12 said:

there are 5 new owners.   the original rules might be looked at differently by those that are now managing teams.  Every good league that I have been apart of goes through a rules change discussion each offseason.   

On 7/24/2020 at 8:10 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In dynasty leagues? Because in all the ones I’ve been apart of they’ve never changed

On 7/24/2020 at 8:29 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the end of the day you wanted my opinion. I gave it. I’m not quitting the league over the change but you cant tell me the higher the # of keepers the more it benefits lesser teams, thats just not true. And while you might have your own experience in dynasty leagues, in mine once the inaugural draft happens there are no changes other than finding new owners

Just some of the discussi from last year is fascinating to see the change in thoughts

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, winitall said:

It’s really interesting how our perspectives change year to year in terms of what falling means to. Last year, I got Burrow at 8! Tua went 2.01 and Herbert lasted all the way to 3.07! This year was actually surprising in how much emphasis was placed on drafting a QB. 

I thought for sure at least 1 of the first 3 gone would have been there at 7, thankful Pitts fell though.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Just some of the discussi from last year is fascinating to see the change in thoughts

The funny thing is my QB situation is probably one of the best in the league and adding a 4th spot could help others bridge that gap. So its not like I'm trying to change my spots(get it? Jaguars fan?..spots?...ok moving on) I think id rather have a lotto ticket RB/WR/TE than a QB but in this league they do hold alot of value and have a better chance of cashing that ticket

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The funny thing is my QB situation is probably one of the best in the league and adding a 4th spot could help others bridge that gap. So its not like I'm trying to change my spots(get it? Jaguars fan?..spots?...ok moving on) I think id rather have a lotto ticket RB/WR/TE than a QB but in this league they do hold alot of value and have a better chance of cashing that ticket

Sure.  Changing the QB limit affects drafting that has been done for several years

• Like 1

I considered Wilson at 1.7 but couldn't pass up on Pitts....took my chances on maybe not getting a good, young QB. I got lucky and am stoked to still get him.

That being said....if you have rookie QBs ranked higher than your 3rd stringer don't keep him in case a better option can be drafted. I don't think anyone would be beating down the door to draft Jimmy G or Wentz (or whoever), redraft them if the Wilson's of the world don't pan out.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

With pick 2.7 I will put many out of their misery and select....

Zach Wilson, QB, NY Jets. ( @Oregon DucksOTC )

Poor guy!

I ended up keeping Jimmy G (over N'keal Harry) and going into the draft with 2 QBs hoping for a Mac Jones or something in the 2nd. I did not expect to get Trey Lance at 5... But it kind of works out perfectly.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Poor guy!

I ended up keeping Jimmy G (over N'keal Harry) and going into the draft with 2 QBs hoping for a Mac Jones or something in the 2nd. I did not expect to get Trey Lance at 5... But it kind of works out perfectly.

Yup, 3 QB's so early screwed up few draft plans....for the good and bad.