🏀 theJ's Magic Association Rebuild (NBA 2k13)

theJ

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

These player cards are really clean, I might steal them when I eventually do my 2k20 one! They might get a little long, so as a viewer I wouldn't be against just having like the last 2 years stats and then the career avg. 

Also, might also add something to the "Signature Skills" line, like either make it filled in with a lighter blue, or bold it like I did. Can players have more than one Skill? I'm not familiar with 2k13

Thanks!  Steal away.  I used Google Sheets, so i could always send you the file.  

I'll work on the shading/layout.  I wasn't quite happy with it when i posted it, but i wanted to get it out.

Sig skills are limited to 5.  Players just magically develop them in this particular game (i have no influence on the what or when).  So it'll be a surprise to everyone when the next one pops up!

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

These player cards are really clean, I might steal them when I eventually do my 2k20 one! They might get a little long, so as a viewer I wouldn't be against just having like the last 2 years stats and then the career avg. 

Also, might also add something to the "Signature Skills" line, like either make it filled in with a lighter blue, or bold it like I did. Can players have more than one Skill? I'm not familiar with 2k13

New and improved layout

Dale Burke SF 6'9" 210 lbs
Season GP MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3PT% FT%
14-15 73 35.3 19.6 6.5 1.9 1.8 0.8 0.503 0.284 0.702
13-14 82 32.9 14.4 6 0.9 1 0.5 0.467 0.198 0.715
Career 155 34 16.9 6.3 1.4 1.4 0.6 0.486 0.255 0.709
Awards • Rookie of the Year (2014)
• 1st Team All Rookie (2014)
Signature Skills • Acrobat - Can change his shot mid-air with little consequences

We'll see if they get unnecessarily long when i'm 10 years into this thing.

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

2k20s franchise mode is unplayable.

Who so?  One of my kids just got 2K20 from PlayStation+, so I thought I might try to mess around with a franchise in some alternate timeline where I have time.

35 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Who so?  One of my kids just got 2K20 from PlayStation+, so I thought I might try to mess around with a franchise in some alternate timeline where I have time.

They added this annoying mechanic where you can only do a certain about if items a day, and half the time you have to waste them on chit chatting with your staff so they don’t hate you.  It also has game crippling bugs like you can’t resign your draft picks when their rookie contracts expire before they hit free agency.  Now that doesn’t sound that bad cause you can just sign them in free agency?  Well not really, because you can’t go over the soft salary cap to sign free agents.  The cpu doesn’t seem to be affected by this glitch, so you’re essentially stuck with $30ish less in cap space than the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They added this annoying mechanic where you can only do a certain about if items a day, and half the time you have to waste them on chit chatting with your staff so they don’t hate you.  It also has game crippling bugs like you can’t resign your draft picks when their rookie contracts expire before they hit free agency.  Now that doesn’t sound that bad cause you can just sign them in free agency?  Well not really, because you can’t go over the soft salary cap to sign free agents.  The cpu doesn’t seem to be affected by this glitch, so you’re essentially stuck with $30ish less in cap space than the rest of the league.

So I don't play myGM... but I got 2k20 last month when it was free for PS+ and started 1 franchise for like 7 years. I had that issue with the draft picks not being able to re-sign, but I thought it was a new thing where I had to sign them the off-season before and kept forgetting to check and do it. This is a bug? I was wondering why I was having that issue.... 

56 minutes ago, theJ said:

Thanks!  Steal away.  I used Google Sheets, so i could always send you the file.  

I'll work on the shading/layout.  I wasn't quite happy with it when i posted it, but i wanted to get it out.

Sig skills are limited to 5.  Players just magically develop them in this particular game (i have no influence on the what or when).  So it'll be a surprise to everyone when the next one pops up!

No worries, I have a few Google Sheets from the madden and 2k ones I've done, I can just copy this table into it :) 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

So I don't play myGM... but I got 2k20 last month when it was free for PS+ and started 1 franchise for like 7 years. I had that issue with the draft picks not being able to re-sign, but I thought it was a new thing where I had to sign them the off-season before and kept forgetting to check and do it. This is a bug? I was wondering why I was having that issue.... 

Does it let you exceed the soft cap to resign them?

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They’ve had that bug for 2 years now and did nothing about it.

That seems like annoying stupid thing to not have fixed.  It's a basic function of how the NBA salary cap works.  Would make it really hard to keep your guys.

Been busy today, but i did make some progress again at lunch.  I'll post what i can while i wait for this meeting to go somewhere.

Top 25 list, as promised.  Dale Burke and Marty McGuire should make an appearance on it after the next progression cycle in the following off-season.

2016 Season Top 25 Players
Rank Name Position Team OVR
1 Lebron James SF Heat 98
2 Kevin Durant SF Thunder 96
3 Dwight Howard C Lakers 95
4 Chris Paul PG Pistons 94
5 Russel Westbrook PG Thunder 94
6 John Wall PG Wizards 94
7 Derrick Rose PG Bulls 93
8 Anthony Davis C Hornets 93
9 Demarcus Cousins C Kings 92
10 Carmelo Anthony SF Mavericks 92
11 Dwayne Wade SG Heat 91
12 Tyreek Evans SG Kings 91
13 Ricky Rubio PG Timberwolves 91
14 Rajon Rondo PG Celtics 90
15 Blake Griffin PF Clippers 90
16 Deron Williams PG Nets 90
17 Brandon Jennings PG Suns 90
18 Kevin Love PF Timberwolves 90
19 Kyrie Irving PG Bobcats 90
20 Bradley Beal SG Wizards 89
21 Derrick Favors PF Jazz 89
22 Andrew Bynum C 76ers 88
23 Kemba Walker PG Bobcats 87
24 Rudy Gay SG Grizzlies 87
25 Josh Smith SG Hawks 87
26 Andre Iguodala SG Spurs 87

Training Camps (last offseason activity)

• Chad Elliott - Rebounding Camp (5 points to Off/Def Rebounding) - Now 89 DReb, 90 OReb, 80 OVR (increase of 1)
  • Dale Burke - Perimeter Shooting (3 pts to Shot Medium, Shot 3PT, Shoot off Dribble) - Now 86 Shot Medium, 74 3PT, 78 Shoot Off Dribble
  • Marty McGuire - Perimeter D (6 points On Ball D, and 6 points Steal) - now 84 OBD, 92 Steal, 85 OVR (increase of 1)

And the opening day roster for the 2015-16 season.  I don't expect any changes.  I won't be pursuing any trades this season.  I want every guy on the roster to contribute here in a push for a playoff spot.

2016 Partial Roster
Spot Position Name Age OVR Potential Yearly Salary Years Left
1 PG Marty McGuire 22 84 B 3.97 1+2T
2 SG Tracy King 22 77 B- 3.69 2+2T
3 SF Dale Burke 23 86 A 3.84 1+1T
4 PF Chad Elliott 22 79 C 3.21 1+2T
5 C Spencer Hawes 27 74 C- 6.13 4
6 SG/PG Jordan Crawford 27 77 B+ 7.5 2+1P
7 PG Eric Bledsoe 25 77 B 8.75 4
8 PF/C Carlos Boozer 33 75 - 4.25 1
9 SG Nick Young 30 69 D+ 4.29 1
10 SG Carlos Gomez 24 64 D- 1.57 1+2T
11 C Leonard Gray 23 61 C+ 1.13 1+2T
12 PF Robin Cartwright 23 60 C 1.73 2
RES PF Coby Landry 22 57 C- 1.15 1
RES PF Travis Rowe 20 53 C 0.53 1+1T
RES C Arnold Kramer 22 46 D- 0.67 1+1T

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Been busy today, but i did make some progress again at lunch.  I'll post what i can while i wait for this meeting to go somewhere.

Top 25 list, as promised.  Dale Burke and Marty McGuire should make an appearance on it after the next progression cycle in the following off-season.

2016 Season Top 25 Players
Rank Name Position Team OVR
1 Lebron James SF Heat 98
2 Kevin Durant SF Thunder 96
3 Dwight Howard C Lakers 95
4 Chris Paul PG Pistons 94
5 Russel Westbrook PG Thunder 94
6 John Wall PG Wizards 94
7 Derrick Rose PG Bulls 93
8 Anthony Davis C Hornets 93
9 Demarcus Cousins C Kings 92
10 Carmelo Anthony SF Mavericks 92
11 Dwayne Wade SG Heat 91
12 Tyreek Evans SG Kings 91
13 Ricky Rubio PG Timberwolves 91
14 Rajon Rondo PG Celtics 90
15 Blake Griffin PF Clippers 90
16 Deron Williams PG Nets 90
17 Brandon Jennings PG Suns 90
18 Kevin Love PF Timberwolves 90
19 Kyrie Irving PG Bobcats 90
20 Bradley Beal SG Wizards 89
21 Derrick Favors PF Jazz 89
22 Andrew Bynum C 76ers 88
23 Kemba Walker PG Bobcats 87
24 Rudy Gay SG Grizzlies 87
25 Josh Smith SG Hawks 87
26 Andre Iguodala SG Spurs 87

Concerning that there isn't a single cpu generated player on the list.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Concerning that there isn't a single cpu generated player on the list.  

The guys from that first class are just on the bubble.  A few in the 30-40 range, more in the 80-85 range.  I think we'll see more of them on the next list.

I'm glad you asked me to track this.  I think it'll be interesting, albeit a little time consuming.

• Like 1