Official Notre Dame Thread

roysmyboy31

All offseason, I heard that we wanted to go to more of a run-first approach.  We'll see if we stick with it, but we certainly showed that today.  With three strong backs, a nice looking OL, and a mobile QB, that would be a good thing for our offense.  Wimbush showed the athleticism and raw skills that made him a highly touted recruit.  He also showed his inexperience with inconsistency, which is to be expected.  One thing I'll say is that he is going to have to learn to protect himself more.  

Defense looked good although Temple has never been known for offense.  Daelin Hayes had a strong debut and I thought our LB corps had a good outing.  

UGA will be a much, much tougher test next week.  That will be a good gauge of where we are as a team.  I feel we'll lose, but you have to play the games.

Following up on how this year could be the last chance for Brian Kelly to turn things around, I think FBS schools should hold fan votes as to whether their football coach keeps his job. Chances are if ND held such a vote last year, Kelly would be working for ESPN this year and then finding work in The American next year. Losing your job through a fan vote would likely burn your bridges with the entire Power 5 - not even schools like Kansas, Rutgers, or (currently) Virginia would touch him with a 20-foot pole.

Has been a tight game.  Defense has looked pretty good so far.  Limiting the damage from Chubb and we are getting some pressure on Fromm.  Tranquill looks like a natural as a rover.

Offensively, we are a little too predictable with a lot of screens and short throws.  We should be trying to get ESB more involved somehow.  And I still don't understand why Dexter Williams doesn't see the field more.  His speed and agility would give UGA another thing to worry about.  

Figured we would lose that one.  Defense has looked very good so far though.  Elko has our unit providing much more pressure than we've gotten in years.  Chubb and Michel weren't huge factors in the game.  We kept them from doing a lot of damage to us.

Offensively though, we got a beating.  Wimbush was pretty flustered by Georgia's rush.  Certainly still has a lot of maturing to do as a QB.  Did not help that our OL was getting beaten a lot and our run game was nonexistent.  Don't think Dex got a single carry all night.  Kelly has to answer to that IMO.

I'm Johnny an Army veteran and new to the site. I grew up Catholic and have been rooting for the IRISH since 93' when they were number one for one week til they lost to Boston College. I have been loyal since then each and every year, I get the goosebumps to confirm it. However, when I saw what happened with the loss to Georgia?Not that we lost particularly, but the fact we had so called fans sell their tickets......I don't know wether to throw up......or what....I've never been so embarrassed to be a fan. 

On 9/12/2017 at 3:20 AM, Exarmyvet80 said:

I'm Johnny an Army veteran and new to the site. I grew up Catholic and have been rooting for the IRISH since 93' when they were number one for one week til they lost to Boston College. I have been loyal since then each and every year, I get the goosebumps to confirm it. However, when I saw what happened with the loss to Georgia?Not that we lost particularly, but the fact we had so called fans sell their tickets......I don't know wether to throw up......or what....I've never been so embarrassed to be a fan. 

Certainly did not help the optics when it comes to recruiting for sure.  Not a good thing when your own stadium is overrun by opposing fans.