2020 Must have Players

NcFinest9erFan

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How big was this league that Jacobs fell to the 2nd round pick of a 4th overall pick team?

12-team.  My roster is up in the Rate My Team thread.  We had some turnover from previous years.  So we have one guy that's fairly new to fantasy and had another 2 auto-drafters.  Otherwise it's an extremely competitive league.  That said, Mahomes and Lamar both went in the 1st round, Russ and Brees went in the 2nd.  So that definitely helped push value down the board.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

12-team.  My roster is up in the Rate My Team thread.  We had some turnover from previous years.  So we have one guy that's fairly new to fantasy and had another 2 auto-drafters.  Otherwise it's an extremely competitive league.  That said, Mahomes and Lamar both went in the 1st round, Russ and Brees went in the 2nd.  So that definitely helped push value down the board.

I feel like auto-drafters would've kept you from getting him bc he had to have been the top guy on most BBs. Kudos to you

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like auto-drafters would've kept you from getting him bc he had to have been the top guy on most BBs. Kudos to you

It was kind of a dream first 3 rounds.  Mahomes was taken at #3 letting Zeke fall to me at #4.  Jacobs lasted until 2-9, and then the guy I was really tempted to pass on Jacobs for just because of the amount of RB's that would have carried to my next pick still on the board (Drake, Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders, even Conner who I like but just have trouble trusting) fell to me at 3-4 in Chris Godwin.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It was kind of a dream first 3 rounds.  Mahomes was taken at #3 letting Zeke fall to me at #4.  Jacobs lasted until 2-9, and then the guy I was really tempted to pass on Jacobs for just because of the amount of RB's that would have carried to my next pick still on the board (Drake, Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders, even Conner who I like but just have trouble trusting) fell to me at 3-4 in Chris Godwin.

I wish I was in a league like this. Drake, Jones, Sanders and Jacobs wont last to pick 16 let alone pick 21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

I have no issues with CEH at 6 overall, especially in full PPR.  I expect to be among a minority there, but I'm also old enough to remember Brian Westbrook in fantasy PPR formats and I think CEH reminds me, build and absorbing initial contact-wise of Ray Rice.  Jacobs' value in PPR is capped at 2nd round for me, right now, because he wants and is setting the goal for an increased reception share this season, but that's a wrinkle that's also going to be affected by Gruden and Carr, where other mouths to feed like Ruggs and Bryan Edwards (who is, by accounts, having a strong camp and building really good rapport with Carr to the point he may start opposite Williams on the outside).

I don't mind Amari, but like you, I either prefer him as my WR2 (I'm totally cool with this), as otherwise his week-to-week inconsistency dictates to me that I need to absolutely target consistency at my other receiving positions at a great priority after drafting him.  Pairing him with someone like a Tyler Lockett as your WR3 can be a really good combo.

I've been paring him with combos of DJ Moore, DJ Chark, K. Allen, and TY Hilton.

I was listening to the FF Ballers and they were talking about how Pederson doesn't want to limit Miles Sanders to 15/5 per game. That puts him at 320 total touches in 16 games. If that was his baseline, I might be rethinking Jacobs in the 2nd

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

You're roster is filthy

25 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

You're roster is filthy

Which probably means I'm going to get injured as shiii...  because that's what happened the last time I felt this good about a roster coming out of a draft.  They wrecked for the first two weeks and by season's end I had all of 3 of the original plays I'd drafted because all the others had gotten injured, still managed to eek my way into the playoffs, ran out of allowed moves, and saw my team advance to the semi finals only to get mostly injured again with no moves available to replace anyone.

18 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Which probably means I'm going to get injured as shiii...  because that's what happened the last time I felt this good about a roster coming out of a draft.  They wrecked for the first two weeks and by season's end I had all of 3 of the original plays I'd drafted because all the others had gotten injured, still managed to eek my way into the playoffs, ran out of allowed moves, and saw my team advance to the semi finals only to get mostly injured again with no moves available to replace anyone.

I never understood limiting moves. It's the equivalent of limiting fun. Much prefer a faab budget with 0 dollar bids.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:38 PM, twslhs20 said:

I never understood limiting moves. It's the equivalent of limiting fun. Much prefer a faab budget with 0 dollar bids.

We have a limit of 70 moves in my home league and I'm to blame but I played within the rules.

i.e I picked up Brandon Jacobs, shopped him for the week since he had one week value as a starter in 2012(?). no takers so I dropped him Sunday morning. Folks were mad but again, not like I didn't try to trade him..

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

We have a limit of 70 moves in my home league and I'm to blame but I played within the rules.

i.e I picked up Brandon Jacobs, shopped him for the week since he had one week value as a starter in 2012(?). no takers so I dropped him Sunday morning. Folks were mad but again, not like I didn't try to trade him..

yea but you cant do that 70 times...so how is that the number?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

yea but you cant do that 70 times...so how is that the number?

I really don't know lol. They just call it the "Sean rule". I just laughed at it and said well not my fault you guys weren't quick to pick these guys up then not want to trade for them especially if you were in need of a one week filer. Its not like I was asking for the moon in return.

it was 2011 Brandon Jacobs and he wasn't even a one week filer. From week 9 - 14, he was a solid RB2.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

37 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I really don't know lol. They just call it the "Sean rule". I just laughed at it and said well not my fault you guys weren't quick to pick these guys up then not want to trade for them especially if you were in need of a one week filer. Its not like I was asking for the moon in return.

it was 2011 Brandon Jacobs and he wasn't even a one week filer. From week 9 - 14, he was a solid RB2.

70 is still stupid high. thats over 4 add/drops a week EVERY week. Good Lord, I'm active but geez

• Like 1