What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

What made up character (boogie man ex.), movie character, animal, basement in your house or other fear you created in your head frightened you the most as a child? 

I was extremely afraid of Chucky from the first Child’s Play. I would have dreams of him killing and would not snitch on him so he wouldn’t kill me in the dreams. We made like a pact. I probably had a total of five of these dreams that I remember. 

Share with us and let’s do some FF style Exposure Therapy together...

• Like 1

My neighbors dog was mean. One night I had a nightmare that he turned into a super long wiener dog (it was a German Shepard) and could reach across the road and up to my 2nd story bedroom window.

Hated that dog

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dome said:

My neighbors dog was mean. One night I had a nightmare that he turned into a super long wiener dog (it was a German Shepard) and could reach across the road and up to my 2nd story bedroom window.

Hated that dog

Haha the two story climbing stretchable Wiener German Sheppard 

The fearmongering of my family’s faith.  Death was explained as God wanting an angel, or the Devil taking a bad person.

I was in a fire when I was young that I survived unscathed, and to that point I was indoctrinated to associate fire with hell and Satan.  Due to those teachings, I thought the Devil was coming for me.  I was nervous to enter buildings as a toddler because of it because outside I could escape.

You should like this part.  The trauma was made worse because when I started to get over it, my elementary school did an unannounced fire drill that simulated reality (smoke machines, increased heat, parent actors outside, etc.).  Triggered me and I broke down.

I’m not upset about it though.  It broke me away from religion and gave me huge issues with authority.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwAg said:

The fearmongering of my family’s faith.  Death was explained as God wanting an angel, or the Devil taking a bad person.

I was in a fire when I was young that I survived unscathed, and to that point I was indoctrinated to associate fire with hell and Satan.  Due to those teachings, I thought the Devil was coming for me.  I was nervous to enter buildings as a toddler because of it because outside I could escape.

You should like this part.  The trauma was made worse because when I started to get over it, my elementary school did an unannounced fire drill that simulated reality (smoke machines, increased heat, parent actors outside, etc.).  Triggered me and I broke down.

I’m not upset about it though.  It broke me away from religion and gave me huge issues with authority.

We have the unannounced ones also... not with all the bells and whistles like that though. But I know my students and I front load those that need it ahead of time. They even keep them a secret from the teachers smh. I warn the ones I need to even though I’m not “supposed” too. 

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Counselor is that sociopathic serial killer who finds out what his patients’ worst fears are and then kills them in that manner just like that Criminal Minds episode isn’t he? ;)

I’d like you to participate by telling us your greatest childhood fear.

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

We have the unannounced ones also... not with all the bells and whistles like that though. But I know my students and I front load those that need it ahead of time. They even keep them a secret from the teachers smh. I warn the ones I need to even though I’m not “supposed” too. 

See, I thought they stopped this terrible idea long ago, but apparently not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

We have the unannounced ones also... not with all the bells and whistles like that though. But I know my students and I front load them ahead of time. They even keep them a secret from the teachers smh. I warn the ones I need to. 

Our HS had an active shooter drill, they did not warn any of the teachers.

The PE teacher was arming students with javelins and a fire extinguisher... the wood shop teachers allowed students to flee the building into the woods behind the school 

the drill was so they could lock the kids in the class rooms while drug dogs sniffed all the lockers... a huge misstep that made a bunch of teachers and parents VERY angry 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Our unannounced active shooter drills are terrifying for a lot of students. I feel badly for them.

• Like 1