What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

A buddy of mine just almost lost his arm to a brown recluse bite (July). Here in SW Ohio you gotta be careful around rocks and brush.

Probably because he wasn’t aware of his surroundings and put his arm onto the brown recluse.  I am always aware of every living thing around me.  And they are aware that I am kind to all animals and mean them no harm; thus, they do not harm me.  Your buddy probably squished helpless hundreds of spiders, of which that brown recluse was aware, and got vengeance for his fallen arachnid friends.

I saw a ghost once in the house I grew up in and as a result, I couldn't go into my laundry room unless a light was turned on. If I was the only one home, I had to take a flashlight in there w/ me until I could get to the pull string on the sole light which was about 1.5 miles away (reality, 15 feet but it felt that long). I was the 4th person to see a ghost in this house in the 10 years I lived there. Came to find out a lot of people were murdered there at one point so let's assume that's the reason why. I wasn't the one who did that and it was well before we moved in. Sorry, no stories about that for y'all.

Bees. I've been stung a lot. I hate things that fly that can hurt me. I actually got attacked small group of bald faced hornets on Friday morning this past week also. Luckily I had a hat on and they couldn't sting me when they tried. Fastest I've ever ran in sandles. My dog pissed on their tree and they didn't like that. Called a guy to remove the nest that night.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I saw a ghost once in the house I grew up in and as a result, I couldn't go into my laundry room unless a light was turned on. If I was the only one home, I had to take a flashlight in there w/ me until I could get to the pull string on the sole light which was about 1.5 miles away (reality, 15 feet but it felt that long). I was the 4th person to see a ghost in this house in the 10 years I lived there. Came to find out a lot of people were murdered there at one point so let's assume that's the reason why. I wasn't the one who did that and it was well before we moved in. Sorry, no stories about that for y'all.

Bees. I've been stung a lot. I hate things that fly that can hurt me. I actually got attacked small group of bald faced hornets on Friday morning this past week also. Luckily I had a hat on and they couldn't sting me when they tried. Fastest I've ever ran in sandles. My dog pissed on their tree and they didn't like that. Called a guy to remove the nest that night.

scooby doo halloween GIFbee GIF

15 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Just remembered another one;

Saw a news report  as a kid of a rats + snakes in pipes, sneaking into homes via toilets.

Was severely traumatized by it. Butt checks did not touch the seat for years after. 

I can just imagine the tailspin a bidet could send you into 

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Just remembered another one;

Saw a news report  as a kid of a rats + snakes in pipes, sneaking into homes via toilets.

Was severely traumatized by it. Butt checks did not touch the seat for years after. 

My company HQ is in Arizona. We started as an Australian company at first and one of my old bosses was straight off the boat Aussie. He said his first week he moved into his new place in AZ, he was taking a shower, on the second floor, and a scorpion crawled out of the drain, directly into the shower. Said he almost moved back to Australia lol. 

Crazy all the **** people talk about seeing in drains

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

My company HQ is in Arizona. We started as an Australian company at first and one of my old bosses was straight off the boat Aussie. He said his first week he moved into his new place in AZ, he was taking a shower, on the second floor, and a scorpion crawled out of the drain, directly into the shower. Said he almost moved back to Australia lol. 

Crazy all the **** people talk about seeing in drains

spider GIF