What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

My company HQ is in Arizona. We started as an Australian company at first and one of my old bosses was straight off the boat Aussie. He said his first week he moved into his new place in AZ, he was taking a shower, on the second floor, and a scorpion crawled out of the drain, directly into the shower. Said he almost moved back to Australia lol. 

Crazy all the **** people talk about seeing in drains

I was visiting my grandparents in AZ and decided to go look for a scorpion.

First rock I flipped had a scorpion under it, so I went back inside.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dome said:

I was visiting my grandparents in AZ and decided to go look for a scorpion.

First rock I flipped had a scorpion under it, so I went back inside.

Next time you're in AZ, bring a blacklight. Especially if you're in a neighborhood, as they basically all have cinder block fences out there. In the evening, use the blacklight and look around outside. Look inside the fence voids. You'll thank me later.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Next time you're in AZ, bring a blacklight. Especially if you're in a neighborhood, as they basically all have cinder block fences out there. In the evening, use the blacklight and look around outside. Look inside the fence voids. You'll thank me later.

I've seen one under a blacklight before. Makes them even more damn creepy than they already are. Still never seen one in the wild though even as many times as I've been out there.

52 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I hope I’m never there again. But thank you anyways.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, Dome said:

the drill was so they could lock the kids in the class rooms while drug dogs sniffed all the lockers... a huge misstep that made a bunch of teachers and parents VERY angry 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, SwAg said:

Yeah, that’s a multi-million dollar lawsuit that bankrupts a school today.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, Dome said:

Didn’t even make the local news in 2007

On 8/2/2020 at 2:09 PM, SwAg said:

Not informing the teachers on a shooter drill.  Jesus.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, SwAg said:

Wow.  That honestly baffles me.  That’s a career-ender.

Now that I think about it... the entire drill was a cover up for a drug search, and they didn’t inform any teachers about this drug search.

makes you wonder if student lockers were the only places they were searching 

edit: even if they were trying to catch a teacher off guard, just tell them of the shooter drill that morning 

Edited by Dome

The movie the It. The OG one..It came out when I was like 6 or something and was played on ABC or some other broadcast. It scared the living hell out of me. I had nightmares of that clown.

I showed it to my kids when they were tweens, ya know, to inflict trauma and fill them with my nonsense fears. They laughed and said the special effects were stupid and to fake. So I did what any good father would do. I told them I was going for ice cream, went out the front door, waited about 3 minutes and then started banging on a window to scare them.

Gotta tell you, worked like a charm. That will teach them to laugh at my childhood fears. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The movie the It. The OG one..It came out when I was like 6 or something and was played on ABC or some other broadcast. It scared the living hell out of me. I had nightmares of that clown.

I showed it to my kids when they were tweens, ya know, to inflict trauma and fill them with my nonsense fears. They laughed and said the special effects were stupid and to fake. So I did what any good father would do. I told them I was going for ice cream, went out the front door, waited about 3 minutes and then started banging on a window to scare them.

Gotta tell you, worked like a charm. That will teach them to laugh at my childhood fears. 

pennywise stephen king GIF

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

pennywise stephen king GIF

I still hate that clown. A lot. Stupid balloon. 

Its crazy, I cant even remember how I as a ~6 year old saw that movie. I know my mom would have not allowed me. She had read the book. The only plausible scenario is that my brother showed me. I can tell you everything about the movie. I am clueless as to who thought it was a great idea to show it to me. 

• Like 1