What Frightened You The Most as a Child?

Scoundrel

The fear of my house burning down in the night.  Courtesy of watching the movie Backdraft.  That **** gave me nightmares for...honestly probably years.  Still probably my biggest fear.

Ironically, my sister became a firefighter.  So, i guess my parents hit a weird split on that one, for ******* up their children.

Edited by Tugboat

16 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

The fear of my house burning down in the night.  Courtesy of watching the movie Backdraft.  That **** gave me nightmares for...honestly probably years.  Still probably my biggest fear.

Ironically, my sister became a firefighter.  So, i guess my parents hit a weird split on that one, for ******* up their children.

i tried GIF

On 8/13/2020 at 6:54 PM, Tugboat said:

My sister rushing in like, "sweeeeeet structure involved woooooooooooooooooooo sirens honk honk".  And me just like..."that ****'s on fire, i'm gonna get away from it probably.  looks super toxic".

I've inhaled plenty of toxic fumes over the years and I turned out just fine. Ask anyone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Saved you from a death blow from a hammer, I'd say.

Also used my brain to absorb the impact of a 55mph head on collision...

If I hadn't toughened my brain up with years and years of abuse before that accident, who knows what kinds of damage may have been done.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dome said:

I've inhaled plenty of toxic fumes over the years and I turned out just fine. Ask anyone.

The greatest fumes.  Just the best, i've been told.  Very toxic, maybe even the most toxic ever.

You've really gotta build up a tolerance to that stuff i guess.  I'm just way too chicken**** to man up and inhale what needs to be inhaled to build character.

13 hours ago, Dome said:

Also used my brain to absorb the impact of a 55mph head on collision...

If I hadn't toughened my brain up with years and years of abuse before that accident, who knows what kinds of damage may have been done.

You're supposed to wear helmets for that kinda stuff though, i think.