Jets cut WR Quincy Enunwa

49erurtaza

On 8/5/2020 at 12:59 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I know it was for health issues as he has yet to stay healthy but my point was responding to your argument that he will likely retire and that a 5% of him playing in the league again. If he has a year off to recoup then he could come back next year and latch on to a team that needs depth or a solid 2/3 wr as Enunwa was projected to be before injury issues. 

This would be year 2 of him sitting out for the same neck injury.  Seems like a huge risk to even attempt to come back let alone count on him as a solid 2/3 WR.  He needs to find something else to do with his money.

10 hours ago, Duluther said:

One of if not the best blocking WR I’ve watched. Right up there with or past Anquan Boldin.

Prime Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald post-2014 are the two best blocking WRs I've ever seen and great after the catch. Enunwa is another guy right in that mold.

Larry is the best blocking WR I've ever seen, though; even better than his old running-mate Boldin. Watching Larry take on Cliff Avril and win is one of the highlights of my life. He pretty much just wrecks DBs in the run game. That's part of why the Cardinals were the best in the league at perimeter runs to his side of the field last year, despite employing the corpse of David Johnson and two broken back-up RBs for the first half of last season.

Robert Woods is another righteous blocker. Very underrated part of his game, except by Les Snead, who used Woods' blocking to justify paying a WR who had never topped 700 yards $40 million in 2017.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1