*IF LAL loses.. Will AD re-sign???

resilient part 2

It would be in the best interest of the LAL to win this year because I believe it will get significantly harder next year with Curry / Klay coming back from injury for GS and bringing in a high pick (Wiseman??).  I believe a healthy GS will immensely hinder the LAL ability to win it all in the future.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That’s what people say every year and these top teams find a way. kuzma, Green, Cook  and 1st round picks in 25, 27 

that sounds like a terrible deal but guys are going for that all the time. 

Meh. Brad Beal is 27 coming off of a 30 ppg season and under contract with the Wizards until 2023. If Washington does trade him I think they'll be seeking picks and young talent in return.

One team that makes sense to me is the Golden State Warriors, maybe something like: 

Warriors receive: Bradley Beal

Wizards receive: Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Eric Paschall, 2020 1st round pick, 2022 1st round pick 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That’s what people say every year and these top teams find a way. kuzma, Green, Cook  and 1st round picks in 25, 27 

that sounds like a terrible deal but guys are going for that all the time. 

Guys like who?

So many teams could beat that offer without issue. Hell, teams who went into the trade KNOWING it was only a 1 year rental could top that deal and not even sweat it.

The Lakers don't have the assets to trade for Bradley Beal, not even close.

58 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Guys like who?

So many teams could beat that offer without issue. Hell, teams who went into the trade KNOWING it was only a 1 year rental could top that deal and not even sweat it.

The Lakers don't have the assets to trade for Bradley Beal, not even close.

I agree, I’m just saying that guys get traded for nothing all the time. Look at the jimmy butler trade to Minnesota, the PG trade to OKC, the CP3 trade to Houston was for nothing. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I agree, I’m just saying that guys get traded for nothing all the time. Look at the jimmy butler trade to Minnesota, the PG trade to OKC, the CP3 trade to Houston was for nothing. 

For nothing? 

When Chicago traded Jimmy Butler to Minnesota they received: Zach LaVine (22 y/o former lottery pick coming off of a 19 ppg season), Kris Dunn (22 y/o former top 5 pick coming off of his rookie season), and the #7 overall pick which became Lauri Markkanen. 

When Indiana traded Paul George to OKC they received: Victor Oladipo (24 y/o former #2 overall pick who had flashed every season) and Domantas Sabonis (20 y/o former lottery pick coming off of his rookie season) 

The Chris Paul trade is an outlier because Houston pretty much had to move on to keep Harden happy and even then they still acquired a former league MVP in the deal. 

Beal is just now entering his prime and coming off of a 30 ppg season. Kuzma/Green/Cook and two first round picks 5 and 7 years from now is not getting that deal done. 

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

For nothing? 

When Chicago traded Jimmy Butler to Minnesota they received: Zach LaVine (22 y/o former lottery pick coming off of a 19 ppg season), Kris Dunn (22 y/o former top 5 pick coming off of his rookie season), and the #7 overall pick which became Lauri Markkanen. 

When Indiana traded Paul George to OKC they received: Victor Oladipo (24 y/o former #2 overall pick who had flashed every season) and Domantas Sabonis (20 y/o former lottery pick coming off of his rookie season) 

The Chris Paul trade is an outlier because Houston pretty much had to move on to keep Harden happy and even then they still acquired a former league MVP in the deal. 

Beal is just now entering his prime and coming off of a 30 ppg season. Kuzma/Green/Cook and two first round picks 5 and 7 years from now is not getting that deal done. 

I was referring to the trade that brought CP3 to Houston 

you just don’t ever know what teams value. They may be in love with Kuzmas skill set. Oladipo wasn’t an all star until he got to Indy and neither was Sabonis. 

lavine was coming off a major injury and everyone knew Dunn was a bust. The 7th pick had lots of value though. 

I’m just saying that we should never assume that stupid GMs won’t help a franchise build a super team, especially in the era of players dictating who they are traded to. Sure Beal might not seem like he has a ton of leverage but we saw where AD was basically willing to no longer be an NBA player, as opposed to play for the pelicans. 

I hope he doesn’t end up in LA. I’m getting tired of the super teams. I like where the league is at right now with no one having more than 2 super stars. Nearly every team in the western playoffs can point to a big two. The eastern conference isn’t nearly as deep but I like the way it’s more open. There’s no Lebron super team in the East like we had for 8 years and there’s no Warriors dynasty in the west like the last 5 years. 

now I have a feeling the warriors will be back at 1 next year but let’s enjoy this wide open season.  

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. Brad Beal is 27 coming off of a 30 ppg season and under contract with the Wizards until 2023. If Washington does trade him I think they'll be seeking picks and young talent in return.

One team that makes sense to me is the Golden State Warriors, maybe something like: 

Warriors receive: Bradley Beal

Wizards receive: Andrew Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Eric Paschall, 2020 1st round pick, 2022 1st round pick 

wizards would be stupid to make that trade.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

you just don’t ever know what teams value. They may be in love with Kuzmas skill set. Oladipo wasn’t an all star until he got to Indy and neither was Sabonis. 

lavine was coming off a major injury and everyone knew Dunn was a bust. The 7th pick had lots of value though. 

I’m just saying that we should never assume that stupid GMs won’t help a franchise build a super team, especially in the era of players dictating who they are traded to. Sure Beal might not seem like he has a ton of leverage but we saw where AD was basically willing to no longer be an NBA player, as opposed to play for the pelicans. 

They just drafted Rui Hachimura last season #9 who has a very similar skill-set to Kuzma and is coming off of a pretty solid rookie season. 

Oladipo wasn't an All-Star yet but he was a former #2 overall pick, only 23 years old, and had flashed in all 3 seasons. Sabonis was a former lottery pick, only 20 years old, and coming off of a decent rookie season. 

LaVine was coming off of an injury but he was a former lottery pick, 21 years old, and coming off of a near 20 ppg season. Dunn was meh as a rookie but he was also playing for Thibodeau and behind Rubio, not to mention he was the #5 pick in the previous draft and only 22 years old. Plus they got another top 10 pick. 

The Pelicans received Ingram a former #2 overall pick who was 21 years old and coming off of a career year, Lonzo Ball who was also a former #2 overall pick and only 21 years old, Josh Hart who was 23 years old and a former first round pick, the #4 overall pick, and two more future first round picks. 

So the Pacers got two young former lottery picks that had flashed for PG, the Bulls got 2 young former lottery picks and a top 10 pick for Jimmy Butler, and the Pelicans got 2 former young lottery picks, a young former first round pick, a top 5 pick, and two future firsts for AD. 

Do you see a trend here? The majority of the time that a high profile player is traded it's for a collection of young talent that were formerly lottery picks as well as a ton of current draft capital. The trade you suggested is terrible. 

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

wizards would be stupid to make that trade.

If they're looking to accelerate their rebuild, how so? Wiggins is only 25 years old, Paschall is young and looks decent, and Poole was a first round pick in 2019. Instead of the 2022 first round pick the Warriors would also likely have to give up Minnesota's 2021 1st round pick (top 3 protected). So they'd be getting those three, the #1 pick in the 2020 draft, and likely a late lottery pick in the 2021 draft. 

They have an okay collection of young talent already with guys like Rui Hachimura, Troy Brown, Thomas Bryant, and Mortiz Wagner. And they'd be adding Wiggins and two more decent young role players as well as two more top 10 picks this year and likely two more top 10 picks in the 2021 draft.