Jump to content
Ray Reed

Ravens to release/trade Earl Thomas

Recommended Posts

And I'm stunned. There's a big hole in the secondary again... what was supposed to be the defensive strength. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn. 

Can't let the inmates run the asylum so i get why JH/EDC drew a line and believed it crossed by ET after what has been reported since Friday.

I hope they find a trade partner as i believe a trade would free up the reported 10mil cap space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

damn. 

Can't let the inmates run the asylum so i get why JH/EDC drew a line and believed it crossed by ET after what has been reported since Friday.

I hope they find a trade partner as i believe a trade would free up the reported 10mil cap space?

That is correct. Since his salary is guaranteed the only way for the Ravens to get it off the books is if he's traded to another team. Releasing Thomas outright doesn't incur any cap penalties but it also doesn't open up any room. Basically their cap space stays the same, just less one player. $15 million in dead money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so it would - financially - be possible to trade him for Ngakoue and fit Yannik under the cap? 

a man can dream right. Strengthen the PR would easen the blow to the backfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So right now we have 4 healthy CB's who should all be starting, and exactly 1 starting-level S (Chuck Clark).

Seems now is the time to move Jimmy to FS or something. I don't have faith AT ALL in Deshon Elliott staying healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So right now we have 4 healthy CB's who should all be starting, and exactly 1 starting-level S (Chuck Clark).

Seems now is the time to move Jimmy to FS or something. I don't have faith AT ALL in Deshon Elliott staying healthy.

Ill be surprised if they don’t bring Carr back for a depth piece at both S and CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chuck Clark is going to have to play FS. DeShon and Geno can rotate at SS. Brandon Carr should've already been brought back, now it's a no-brainer.

They need to use the money to sign Clowney or trade for Ngakoue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Chuck Clark is going to have to play FS. DeShon and Geno can rotate at SS. Brandon Carr should've already been brought back, now it's a no-brainer.

They need to use the money to sign Clowney or trade for Ngakoue.

We need more safeties, not D-line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

We need more safeties, not D-line. 

Well unfortunately there aren't any of those available. 

Edited by BareYourTeeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...